Can anyone rewcomend some chainsaw trousers please

sasha.p

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a couple of pairs of gladiators now .. I like them but they had changed the style from the first pair I had brought and I didn't feel the material was as strong or lasted as well as my first pair... Have had countless pairs of climba airs from Pfanner, great but for a while there was a serious problem with zips and stitching that fortunately never blighted the gladiators, the zips in the back of the legs are another great feature... I opted for the gladiators as I'm pretty heavy on saw trousers and they definitely last longer.

At the momment im on sips progress and on my second pair between alternating back to gladiators ,although a little warmer they funtion great and are comfy and more importantly cheaper but still feel a quality product and seem to last longer... Or maybe I've been working in less hostile conditions!!

If you have'nt made up your mind yet, then I'd propose having a look at the Oregon Waipua trousers.

A nice and light trouser which don't seem to rip to shreds as quick as a pair of Stihl Hi-Flex as soon as you show them anything sharp! But very reasonably priced compared to the mega bucks Pfanner range.

I have a pair, size small, for a 30in waist, but still wear a belt. Not sure if the are available Xs.

If you have'nt made up your mind yet, then I'd propose having a look at the Oregon Waipua trousers.

A nice and light trouser which don't seem to rip to shreds as quick as a pair of Stihl Hi-Flex as soon as you show them anything sharp! But very reasonably priced compared to the mega bucks Pfanner range.

I have a pair, size small, for a 30in waist, but still wear a belt. Not sure if the are available Xs.

I second that only down side being the crotch space doesnt allow for leg spreading

There was a similar thread very recently (someone looking for size 8 chainsaw trousers)and they got recommended a brand etc, cant remember what they were!but you could do a search? I'm not as small as you, small Hi flex Sthill a good fit on me, but always need a good belt, ... Have you found comfortable small boots? my new Blue mountain Haix (5) are agony!

• 2 years later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'd love to hear of anyone's recent discoveries re: smaller chainsaw trousers. My other half is a size 8/10 and its time to get her kitted up.

Any of those who posted on this thread two years ago got a review of the kit they got? The strengths, the weaknesses? How it has held up? Any things to keep an eye out for, particularly when limited to the smallest trousers available?