Is the T540xp on sale

Tommy Hutchinson

Oopps and i do go to specsavers..........:001_cool:

whats the total price in pounds greg for saw and postage and would you post to uk (wales)

thanks Martyn

Hi Martyn

It's 525 plus vat plus €15 delivery to the UK, what ever is charges is made between the euro and pound, I think it would be about £ 560 all in

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine today , perfect timing my 200 scored a piston and rang the dealer was gonna go down the 201 route but he said the 540 had just come in so , let you know in a few days.

Have you had chance to give it a work out yet?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

hi got mine on friday done two tanks so far pickup is very good from the start unlike the stihl 201 . it sounds uneven if you rev it out unloaded but in a cut its very strong and doesnt bog down , again like the stihl 201, it does not look as strongly built as the 200 but they are not available anymore so we must move on . i have had both the 200 and the 201 so can tell the differance from experiance not heresay . but time will tell once its bedded in a bit , it has not got the new filling caps aka the stihls . oh i removed the spark arrester to aid exhaust system . cheers

hi got mine on friday done two tanks so far pickup is very good from the start unlike the stihl 201 . it sounds uneven if you rev it out unloaded but in a cut its very strong and doesnt bog down , again like the stihl 201, it does not look as strongly built as the 200 but they are not available anymore so we must move on . i have had both the 200 and the 201 so can tell the differance from experiance not heresay . but time will tell once its bedded in a bit , it has not got the new filling caps aka the stihls . oh i removed the spark arrester to aid exhaust system . cheers

Probably the autune system causing the uneven top end.

Be interesting to hear how it performs once its run in after a week or so hard work. :)

Just been down the local dealers to sort out a break band for the 550 and seen one sat on the stand, apparently they only got one for display purposes haha but they let me run it up and it sounds nice and crisp and it pretty rapid through the revs, my only gripe on first appearances is that the strop loop is plastic and looks as though its gonna break rather quickly but apart from that it feels nice in the hand and sounds fine, just have to wait and see what the reviews come back like as to weather I delve into the depths of my pocket for one haha

...my only gripe on first appearances is that the strop loop is plastic and looks as though its gonna break rather quickly...

It's not Coletti. The strop loop is metal! The loop to place your saw on the hook of your belt is plastic.

But that plastic loop is stong enough to keep your saw from hitting the pavement.