Mit L200 vs Isuzu Dmax?

Twigman

morning Fellas,

Looking at getting a new 4x4 and looks like a toss up between Mitsubishi L200 and the Isuzu DMAx.

Both pretty good deals out there especially with both 5 year warranties. Advantage of the L200 is that they are offering 0% finance.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience with either?

My leanings at the mo are towards the Isuzu as its the new model out last year, seems more powerful and poss better mpg. Had a test drive and looked pretty good. The basic utility model plastic lined inside so easier to clean etc (!)

But...

The L200 will come out cheaper with 0% finance.

Also a little worried that the L200 not so reliable. Have read a bit of a mixed bag.

ANy help gratefully recieved cheers.

I wouldn't touch an L200 with anyone's money. I know they are unreliable but my problem with them is they do not like turning. The turning circle on them is just a joke!

I do not know anything of the Isuzu dmax but I all ready prefer it lol

Not a fan of the L200, tiny load space on the standard model, ridiculous overhang on the extended bed model, plasticky, bits of trim tend to fall off, reliability issues with trucks that are worked hard. Personally dont find it comfortable, seat is too low to the floor for my liking.

Test drove the D-Max, took it round an off road driving course, very impressive and everyone I have spoken to really rates it. Too new really to comment on reliability but Isuzu generally have a good reputation for reliability and service.

I would go Isuzu they are mega reliable, pull well and good off road.

The new one is supposed to do 38mpg?

Why not go into an Isuzu dealer and say its a toss up between your truck and the L200 but im swayed towards the L200 because of the finance package, I will buy your Isuzu if you match there finance deal?

I fancy the new one when mine is a bit older.

045.jpg.8f487b5db4312d7104e16bb6885a777e.jpg

Well, I agree with the L200 turning circle being rubbish. But I've had mine 6 years and it's being just as reliable as my previous 2 hilux pickups. Apart from the usual things like rear springs, brakes etc, the only thing mine has had in all that time is a couple of sets of heater plugs. I'd buy another.

im on my 4th l200. now got 09 plate with no probs at all. as for the turning circle it was best in class when i got mine, a quick look on net still better than nivara, dmax etc. 11.7m compared to 12.2m i think. (defender 17m!)

but yes i would look seriously at dmax next time

also no diff lock on dmax. But i hardly ever use it on my l200