Eye Protection

gand

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep asking my employer for some glasses as the visor does naff all.

Been told the visor is addequet! Not in my opinion.

Last employer supplied them no questions asked.

Probably the same employers who don't supply their employees with saws as well I'm guessing!

Tried a few different glasses but the Bolles seem to be the best so far. Just seemed surprised Treequip that some posters were struggling to get safety glasses out of employers. I would have thought it was a given in PPE kit issue.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Some do what they must, others do less.

As it stands they can get away with providing a visor.

I would caution taking the anecdotal responses of a few posts on here to be the state of things, if you buy into that everyone in the country gets robbed in a weekly basis

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same as Dan last year & they were great. Set them on my lid tucked under the back head lamp attachment points & through the ear muff backs on the helmet, then they acted as almost a mini visor, on & stowed on front of lid easily.

Well I've been using the steins for a week or so, and there great. Don't seem to mist up, although some warmer temps might change that. After wearing them I can highly recommend them. Very comfortable and it's the first set that I've been able to wear all day without realising I've got them on, apart from how bright everything is. Makes a gloomy day look good

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I have tried numerous brands and have found Bolle to be the best for anti scratch and longevity. In saying that they claim anti fog but all brands seem to fog up.. I have a yellow pair for cloudy days and a black pair for sunny days. I wash them in warm water when dirty to avoid scratching and store them in an old work sock per pair when not in use. Go through 2/3 pairs annually. Beats having a scratched eye ball.. Thats for sure..