Time waster

mad matty

He let her down, he let you down. You didn't approach her to do the work, she approached you. The job needs doing. If you worry too much you may lose it to someone else who doesn't know the history. The guy you were originally working for is likely had some problem and it's more than a lost phone. To step in now wouldn't be heartless.

By the way, don't you know where he lives so you could go round and see? Not much else you could do though and waiting isn't one of those things.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

popped round to the other guys house... explained what was happening after a few minutes of excuses, told me to crack on. Doing the job tuesday with my groundie offered the other chap a days work but think he's to embarrassed to face the customer. Dont worry i wont give him your name.:crazy::biggthumpup:

Edited by mad matty

mad matty, you were more than accommodating with your potential competition. I believe

A 48 hour call back to you is in order for any future jobs. Based on the updates you have provided it reads like he was job shopping to me. Unless the opposite party has a real emergency like a death in the immediate family or a serious accident preventing any contact, I would charge for a full day of lost work. Make sure you have that in writing and signed off by your general contractor. Time is the single greatest commodity that can not be recovered and is generally undervalued.

easy-lift guy

Without jumping on the thread, what if it were the other way round. Having a machine and operator booked only to be let down and your phone calls ignored at the last moment, staff still have to get paid for the day and it means you look unproffessional to the customer to say the least! What would you do in this situation?

Without jumping on the thread, what if it were the other way round. Having a machine and operator booked only to be let down and your phone calls ignored at the last moment, staff still have to get paid for the day and it means you look unproffessional to the customer to say the least! What would you do in this situation?

I would move my schedule forward to accommodate my next customer. Things happen all the time and I have had to do this on more than One occasion.

Usually the customer is very happy to have the job done sooner or to have an order filled sooner. Looking unprofessional is One thing , having the flexibility and understanding of your customers is priceless.

easy-lift guy