Bargain Aldi puller

Garyjp

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I though we agreed winching kit needs PUWER and it best to LOLER it as easier. Did I read it wrong?:confused1:

You read an opinion that is far from set in stone.

LOLER stands for LIFTING, if it doesn't lift the object off the ground it doesn't fall under LOLER, you can use whatever inspection regime you see fit but the point is that unlike equipment that does lift, this doesn't specifically need a LOLER inspection.

From the LOLER ACOP

33 Other examples of equipment and operations not covered by LOLER include a conveyor belt moving articles on a horizontal level and winching a load on level ground. LOLER does not apply to this second situation because the load does not leave the ground.

I'm going to get one of these. As its been said. Get out of jail free card. For the times I'm actually going to need it, it will sit in the truck until I do need it. Would be worth getting two, as when one goes wrong it just goes in the scrap pile and the other one comes out the box.

Would be good for an emergency but I would never trust it to actually work.