EU new low, theft, plain and simple.

skyhuck

I think Tony is referring to the taxpayers ie."us" bailout of certain banks without "our"

consent.

Not exactly the same but I think he sort of has a point.

But at least we got to own a bank...

...losing billions a year and being fined for naughties left, right and centre!:sneaky2:

It's a mad world.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard about this story on FOX News. I am astonished that this is happening for the greater good of propping up another member of the EU. It is bad enough that the Communist and chief of this country continues to dilute the US Dollar for the sake of bankrupting this economy and others but to seize the funds from depositors from your citizens accounts is about as low as it gets. I wonder how much more will be required for the citizens of the UK to finally come to the conclusion that the EU is not for them?

Are the UK troops stationed in Cypress ATM part of the UN or another deployment?

easy-lift guy

Just heard about this story on FOX News. I am astonished that this is happening for the greater good of propping up another member of the EU. It is bad enough that the Communist and chief of this country continues to dilute the US Dollar for the sake of bankrupting this economy and others but to seize the funds from depositors from your citizens accounts is about as low as it gets. I wonder how much more will be required for the citizens of the UK to finally come to the conclusion that the EU is not for them?

Are the UK troops stationed in Cypress ATM part of the UN or another deployment?

easy-lift guy

We've had a base there for years Ted :001_smile:

All I know is that the exchange rate is at a low again, we don't produce much of anything to export (compared to olden times)..... where's the old British Bulldog when you need him?

Prob on housing benefit, smoking a doobie and saying he'd love to go back to work but with his back health and safety would never let him... :sneaky2:

The data last week from the U.K. was dismal, manufacturing and industry numbers were both very poor - sterling was sold as the components were released. Mervyn King, Britains central bank boss talked the U.K. economy up and cable (slang for GBP/US rate) moved away from a 33-month low against the greenback.

From the states their retails sales numbers shrugged off higher taxes to boost retail spending - U.S. CPI increased 0.7 percent, the largest gain since the summer of 2009.

:001_smile:

£8.7 billion bailout for a small island in the Med. How has it come to this. Iv'e been harping on for ages, on this site that we should be out of EU asap. Forget what the Americans say about wanting us in the EU, their just looking after themselves, and won't even back us up on the Falklands, for fear of loosing trade with the Argies.

Just imagine you have worked hard in a difficult climate, only for part of your savings to be taken from you; bordering on robbery in my opinion. If it can happen (not quite happened yet) in Cyprus, it can happen here and every other EU country.

:thumbdown:

these are ex pats, not Uk soldiers who will b reimbursed by the uk goverment, who have sold their houses and taken their pensions and money to Cyprus to live the good life, no longer contributing to the UK economy , but dont expect to be bailed out by us. If u now live n Cyprus you have to live by their rules

these are ex pats, not Uk soldiers who will b reimbursed by the uk goverment, who have sold their houses and taken their pensions and money to Cyprus to live the good life, no longer contributing to the UK economy , but dont expect to be bailed out by us. If u now live n Cyprus you have to live by their rules

I believe it's not just foreign nationals but citizens as well. Anyone with savings in Cypriot banks.... :001_huh: