560 XP is it just me?

Hodge

Hi all, I have had a 560 XP since November 2011, so its one of the first. It was ok but had its fair share of problems which eventually got sorted out by Husky. I like the saw when running right but this last week it has really peed me off. Starting when hot is a right pain, having to pump the bubble 10 times before each start even when hot?? Having to press the decomp button every time you pull even though it doesn't fire it pops out. I got so fed up this week that I got my 346 XP out and used that, no problems, starts every time. I'm just not happy with the 560 and now its out of warranty. The starter recoil pin has broken again, that's the 6th starter it's had. Anyone else?

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it was just the first batch of them,all the guys where im working use them all day no problems,I worked for a place that brought about 5 new when they came out and all had problems with starting/getting started etc..but the newer ones seem to be fine.

Hi all, I have had a 560 XP since November 2011, so its one of the first. It was ok but had its fair share of problems which eventually got sorted out by Husky. I like the saw when running right but this last week it has really peed me off. Starting when hot is a right pain, having to pump the bubble 10 times before each start even when hot?? Having to press the decomp button every time you pull even though it doesn't fire it pops out. I got so fed up this week that I got my 346 XP out and used that, no problems, starts every time. I'm just not happy with the 560 and now its out of warranty. The starter recoil pin has broken again, that's the 6th starter it's had. Anyone else?

HI HODGE ask husky for a new one mate just them it was no good thanks jon :thumbup:

I'd still go for it mate, I think even Hodge will admit his was probably a bit of a Friday afternoon special, and as Paul says early problems seem to have been sorted.

That my point Mark, everyone is saying how great they are, and yes when running right mine is awesome as are the newer ones.but I'm at the point now where I'm just fed up with it and the hassle. Husky should swap the old ones for new.

That my point Mark, everyone is saying how great they are, and yes when running right mine is awesome as are the newer ones.but I'm at the point now where I'm just fed up with it and the hassle. Husky should swap the old ones for new.

HI HODGE your right ask husky for a new one mate jon :thumbup:

Should have got a stihl......:thumbup:

Take it back to husky and say you want it updated to a newer one as it must be one of the dodgy ones.

The day of reckoning is getting close Rich - I trust you have some pretty hot 60cc Stihls handy as you have three ported 357XPs and a 560XP in standard trim to beat at the next boys day out.

I have one last trick to do on my 357 and hope it will batter the 560XP in to submission this time - only 0.4 secs off on three cuts last time:lol:

Burrells one was pretty much keeping up with a MS660 on a 25" bar last time I spoke to him........good luck:thumbup:

The day of reckoning is getting close Rich - I trust you have some pretty hot 60cc Stihls handy as you have three ported 357XPs and a 560XP in standard trim to beat at the next boys day out.

I have one last trick to do on my 357 and hope it will batter the 560XP in to submission this time - only 0.4 secs off on three cuts last time:lol:

Burrells one was pretty much keeping up with a MS660 on a 25" bar last time I spoke to him........good luck:thumbup:

I'm not convinced I'm going to have any stihls ported by then. The dolmar still needs the all important chain break and some av mounts before I can really test it out. Bit dodgy using it without a brake.

I do like the 048 av but needs a new bar and I need to see d a tree surgeons as its his (hint hint) but it does pull like a train on a big bar. Maybe if I buy a new bar for it. Not quick but very powerfull.

Of course if I find a v6 engine in time I may bring that along and see if I can beat the 30inch log in 3 seconds.