how long to remove 10 foot with picker?

Acg128

That hedge will be 10-15 feet higher than a telegraph pole I reckon hodge , looking at angles can throw it out.

10 feet is 3 years light growth, if there's loads of dead stubs due to loads of topping then that's diferent but it doesn't look like it, but that's from pics, so all guess work :)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

pat on the back, they were done before about half way its all 3inch perfect straight poles inside. As for the pole your correct again, Thats pretty much the height there be left at after 10ft

Edited by Acg128
extra to add

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That hedge will be 10-15 feet higher than a telegraph pole I reckon hodge , looking at angles can throw it out.

10 feet is 3 years light growth, if there's loads of dead stubs due to loads of topping then that's diferent but it doesn't look like it, but that's from pics, so all guess work :)

Agreed Mr B😘

I told the client a day on that row, They have already spoken to the picker company and said yes to £650 for 3 days for the 27m (direct to them) so im not going to say no to using it. I just hoped I was correct in saying a day :thumbup1: me neither I just know im alot cheaper than some firms as overheads are low so im 75% I'll be doing it.

Sound, let us know how you get on mate, it will be interesting to know.

Every time I've ever done 'hedges' like this I always swear I'll get a platform in next time, but never do.

I don't really do them anymore though, got sick of getting dead connie and pigeon shite in every orifice shinning up skinny poles working for retards who can't be bothered to maintain their 'hedges' properly.

'Well it should be easy, it's been done loads of times before'.

Yep. At varying heights and it's now 45' wide....

£650!!, not being funny but have you any experience pricing work? I ask this because in 12 years I have only used a cherry picker twice and it didn't need to be hired for 3 days to do a much bigger hedge than that. Like I said £ 700 bats and the jobs done.

Theres three rows like this I said 3 days for the lot client said I've got a price for a picker for 3 days, with the picker I'd have the lot on the deck in one day its processing and carting away thats where the labour is. What the pickers costing is what I'd charge for that row pictured. The picker I was told I can have so why say no to him? I also stated that we would prob get half of one of the other rows done same day in the picker.

Theres three rows like this I said 3 days for the lot client said I've got a price for a picker for 3 days, with the picker I'd have the lot on the deck in one day its processing and carting away thats where the labour is. What the pickers costing is what I'd charge for that row pictured. The picker I was told I can have so why say no to him? I also stated that we would prob get half of one of the other rows done same day in the picker.

2 grand the lot then mate.👍👍

Sent from outer space

Every time I've ever done 'hedges' like this I always swear I'll get a platform in next time, but never do.

I don't really do them anymore though, got sick of getting dead connie and pigeon shite in every orifice shinning up skinny poles working for retards who can't be bothered to maintain their 'hedges' properly.

'Well it should be easy, it's been done loads of times before'.

Yep. At varying heights and it's now 45' wide....

You hit the nail on the head so why turn down a picker?!