looking for Arb trucks for sale?

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finance is a double-edged sword, I was overstretched at one point and was lucky to come through it.

I wouldn't bother with a truck or chipper in London.

Just paint a Nike swoosh on all your brushwood and cord and it will be stolen within seconds.

:thumbup:

yesterday I was clearing 250 yards of over grown footpath in a 1984 suzuki jeep I gave £150 6 years ago using a fag hook and a pitch fork and Im not joking! the van was in the garage with problems that turned out to be a leaf in the tank and the long reach hedge cutter has been in the menders for 3 weeks now :thumbdown:

If I lost all my kit and needed to put food on the table Id borrow a wheel barrow and get some hand tools from a boot sale to keep the money coming in.

In your position Tone Id take the rear seats out of your car and stencil your details on the glass and the paint over the top and make it look like a van, add a roof rack and tow bar and look out for a Wee chipper, most people will keep chip and if its blown into a pile or bulk bag they feel they are getting something for nothing, another advantage of this small setup is it reduces the need to employ labour.

And don't waste your dosh on a stupid bow....:laugh1:

that stupid bow is partly to do with fishing going by the wayside and hence mine and dads trips out have gone into non existence.

were both very keen on archery and intend to join a club together so we can have days out like we used to but without the expensive baits, memberships travel food etc etc associated with angling.

some things in life are more important than at first they may appear:001_cool:

Simple advice Tony

Don't even consider load sharks- seriously

Find another way.

Can't you work a hard year and build up a bit of a money pile. Use that to kick start your business.

I am already on it:thumbup:

as for the gear, it isnt essential, i know guys who run landscaping firms with only three employees and all are in the office or quoting!

anyone assuming I would see a lack of finance as a major issue is not giving me the credit i deserve!:biggrin:

Just could have made more profits and reduced job prices had i got my own kit and caboodle.