Two bikers in 4 days

Matthew Arnold

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in the Yorkshire Dales where I do, I hate to say it but it's almost common for bikers to be killed, especially during the summer months. Our town is packed on a weekend with bikers, who bring good money and business into the town.

Unfortunately, it's true that a lot of bikers have been tarred with the 'idiot' brush in my local area. This is far from true. I think it's fair to say that the majority drive carefully. but there are idiots, both bikers and car users on the road. Unfortunately, you have very little protection if you have a crash on a moterbike.

A lot more lives would be saved if there was a clampdown on dangerous drivers, whatever vehicle they drive. Perhaps, harsher fines or vehicles and licences removed from owners.

It's always very sad about any road deaths.

Most of today's bad drivers ( both cars and bikes) are due to them getting away with it because there are no cops on the road anymore. You rarely see patrol cars never mind speed cops any more.

Gone are the days of, " do you know why I have pulled you over sir"

Back in t,olden days you wouldn't have got away with bad driving for long :biggrin:

but so many times a bike will suddenly appear up your rear end from nowhere or overtake dangerously. If you're pulling out of a junction in a car and suddenly a bike appears over the hill at 120mph its the car driver who'll get the blame. they say think bike but maybe the bikes should be a bit more carefull and think car too.

Its very sad that so many lives are lost but there are so many idiotic bike riders out there:thumbdown:

I was on my blade traveling at the speed limit ,dead flat ground , no obstructions to view . I saw a car pull up at a turning on my left . 300 yards away yet . No other traffic in either direction . Car just sits there . It could have pulled out safely about 3 or 4 times before I got there . his made me suspicious so I slowed even more . About ten yards from the junction it pulled out and hit me . Broke the top clean off my left shoulder , sapped my right leg just above the knee with other smaller injuries . My life changed completely from that day on . If I had been doing 120 mph they would have missed me completely . What do you do ..........?

I was on my blade traveling at the speed limit ,dead flat ground , no obstructions to view . I saw a car pull up at a turning on my left . 300 yards away yet . No other traffic in either direction . Car just sits there . It could have pulled out safely about 3 or 4 times before I got there . his made me suspicious so I slowed even more . About ten yards from the junction it pulled out and hit me . Broke the top clean off my left shoulder , sapped my right leg just above the knee with other smaller injuries . My life changed completely from that day on . If I had been doing 120 mph they would have missed me completely . What do you do ..........?

Buy a Diesel Series II Landrover.

You will be either too slow or broken down and it will never happen again.:001_smile: