Busy Fools

Essex arborist

Come on guys, enough of this "what should I be charging?"

Seriously if you don't know, go and get employed by someone who does.

Jokers

This industry is full of people who as soon as they THINK they can, they go and start up then sponge off the knowledge of people who have done it the hard way.

I was working for the same guy for near on 9 years before I went self employed.

I know some clowns who as soon as they can get to the top of a 50ft cony they call themselves Arborists.

No matters to me as they may have a lower day rate, but seeing as they are slow it take them twice as long. I price for 1 day they price for 2 days.

You carry on noobs you make us proper Arborists look good!

your going to be popular ! ha ha

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some sound advice on this thread. At then end of the day, we all worry too much about what other people charge and do. Price for you think is right, do the job as best as you can and treat your staff with respect...if its worth doing, its worth doing well...:thumbup:

some sound advice on this thread. At then end of the day, we all worry too much about what other people charge and do. Price for you think is right, do the job as best as you can and treat your staff with respect...if its worth doing, its worth doing well...:thumbup:

👍👌Spot on!

:confused1: if you don't know how to price what the hell are thinking going out starting your own business

Don't wanna sound harsh, but Jesus where do I start.

I am scratching my head now :confused1:

hi Horatio

I know how I price but I got some advice from people and it confirms what I was doing but my final numbers need a slight tweek.

And my reasons for starting a business are my own.

Noble words:001_smile: but if you are in business you should know what other people charge, or at least a have good idea!

your going to be popular ! ha ha

The truth hurts, I get so pi$$ed of with people who need their hands held.

Yes, this is a friendly forum but its business. Alex m used to work for Danabor and Waveney two of my main competitors I don't want him knowing my pricing (just using you as an example Alex nothing personal:001_smile:)

If you don't know what boots are best or what saw is best for climbing, I will give my opinion.

Want me to tell you how price jobs, and what I charge. Get real

How do the rest of you have the patience for this?:confused1:

Work hard charge what you need to and realise that you will make mistakes, like everyone else on here with a business.

Why do we fall, sir?

So that we can learn to pick OURSELVES up.

Batman

emphasis on ourselves, it up to you