Wages in different countries

Old WoodChip

I was wondering after seeing saw prices on a USA site just how much they are taking home at the end of the week. With programs like axmen they always say if they dont make a load they go bust, like sending out 20 lorry loads a week and having to make 21 to survive :001_rolleyes:

The tools seem to be similar in dollars to our UK pounds, even if you buy a magazine here published in the states it can have $3.99 on the cover and we are charged £3.99:confused1: or is that just crafty marketing and us being robbed again.

fuel over there is so cheap yet they moan about it, on this we really are robbed:sneaky2:

in Oz the food seemed very cheap, public transport very good and very cheap, no idea what people earn there.

Any ideas

And to round off here is a good one for you....... Enjoy

:thumbup:

What you need to understand is that the programming your watching is reality TV. Cable channels sell programs like the one you mentioned to millions of viewers all over the US market. Product placement is no accident and even though the work is real if the rating drop low enough the series is canceled. I believe the guys working the saws and choker lines are pulling $500 to $600 Gross every week. The owners are part of the TV Shows and are more than likely, "if they have good mangers ",getting a cut off syndication for future income needs. Prices of mags are always higher from one country to another, always been that way. In regards to your statement "fuel over there being so cheap yet they moan about it", take a few things into consideration. First the cost of our fuel is keyed to the rate of inflation in this country and even though the present governments in power refuses to include the cost of food, clothing and fuel as part of day to day living expenses, people that work and are not on the dole or government aid are paying for all of the slobs lining up to collect anything free. In comparison to the UK , between the taxes on fuel and your VAT these funds are spent on the Myriad of social welfare programs that the citizen voted for many years ago. Hope that helped clear up something's.

easy-lift guy

I am a brit living and working in british coumbia Canada tree work over here is a lot more expencive than the UK 2 men truck and chipper around $1500 per day that's about £1000 pay is around the same as the UK $20 - 25 per hour for a climber fallers in the bush earn around $650 per day for 6.5 hrs union regulated hrs gas is cheap here food and living not so cheap at the end of the day it works out about the same cost to live

I suspect your cost of living is better and you have lower overhead, I am happy for you:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

Sadly for us Ted that's not the case.

The standard of living is better in Australia and USA than the UK. It's much better in New Zealand.

In the 3 countries mentioned, almost everything costs less than in the UK and wages, relatively are higher.

But there is no point in moaning about it here. If it's unbearable here for someone, they should emigrate.

I nearly did and now regret not doing it. Long story.

Cost of living has risen significantly in NZ recently. My inlaws are out here at the moment and can't believe how expensive things are. Auckland is one of the most expensive cities in the world to buy a house BUT; you can live cheaply more easily than the UK if you try a little harder, you can buy a house in a nice town for a lot less than in the UK or get more house for the equivalent money and the deal clincher; the lifestyle.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I am a brit living and working in british coumbia Canada tree work over here is a lot more expencive than the UK 2 men truck and chipper around $1500 per day that's about £1000 pay is around the same as the UK $20 - 25 per hour for a climber fallers in the bush earn around $650 per day for 6.5 hrs union regulated hrs gas is cheap here food and living not so cheap at the end of the day it works out about the same cost to live

At $100 an hour I'd rather be dragging a 660 round in the bush than climbing.