First Impressions of the 150T

Dan Curtis

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am well impressed with my MS192t, and will probably replace it with the 150t when its passed away. The only problem with it is that people always compare it directly to a MS200t. Different saw for a different use, its like comparing a ms660 against a ms260.

They are both top handled saws, produced for pruning as opposed to felling etc. it's not suprising people compare them.

They are both top handled saws, produced for pruning as opposed to felling etc. it's not suprising people compare them.

It's size, you wouldn't use a 880 to fell a few small trees, why use a 200/201 for pruning small branches, they're better suited for dismantles and big branches rather than 2-6 inch twigs

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I know the 150 is lighter and I am tempted, but if your only using it for small stuff can you not just use a silky?:001_smile:

Could do, I generally go for the silky up to 1", then anything over is chainsaw. Obviously a 200/201 is a bit much for a two inch cut so hopefully it'll slot in there nicely. Even better for those reductions where its mostly silky with a handful of chainsaw cuts, the 150 will not get in the way while not in use.

Maybe this saw is not for everybody, maybe some people truly don't have a need for one, but for me and the work I do, it'll fit right into the team:)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Been using my mates 150 all day today, what a superb little saw!. Re-pollarding Limes - the perfect saw for it. I used a silky on cuts near my line etc, all the rest I used the 150 on. Plenty of power and a small guide bar (almost like a carving bar) which enables you to get into cuts you'd normally use a handsaw for. The weight seems to be half that of a 201 (I'm working on an injury at the moment...it was MUCH easier) and the fuel consumption is a lot less than an MS200T. Great for pruning...I'm getting one next week :thumbup:

Ah awesome that's brilliant!

It's not about being strong enough it's about staying lightweight and cutting down on fatigue, it's not just for the day it's the week, months, years! Think about reductions when where you don't need tonnes of power for cutting through large diameter wood.

Well said, i was once 'strong in arm week in head ' i'm now 50 and not so strong in arm but slightly more intelligent, for me its just about pace and keeping going up in the trees for as long as i can, and i can still strip a tree pretty quickly , with age section felling becomes almost artistic ,clients often comment on how easy i make it look, it comes with confidence and pace. I always try to do them in a one'r now mostly because i can't be arsed to go back up. theres a saying, slow and steady wins the race. :thumbup1: