Any arbtalking veg growers in da house?

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pelleted Chicken Manure

Has anyone tried it and found it to be any better for producing big tasty veg than other proprietary non chemical fertilizers?

I suspect that a lot of the raw materials come from battery hen houses, so this might score as a minus in evironmentally friendly terms even though it is an "organic" product.

Its on offer at Wilkinsons at two 7kg tubs for £9. So thought I'd give a go for a change instead of the fish blood & bone I've previously used.

GM really worries me, if we dont start turning against it in a radical way its going to be far worse than any other man made issue.:thumbdown:

Couldn't agree more, unfortunately there is always going to be the argument that seeds can be engineered to be disease resistant & grow in drought areas, but they will almost certainly be engineered to produce seeds that dont grow. Its a big money spinner & I dare say that one day it will bite us in the arse.

Chicken pellets are ok but dont expect miracles, get on to your local farmer and ask him for well rotted cow muck

When wifes grandad had farm I used to grow onions the size of footballs, year after tatties went in same patch got massive crops :001_smile:

O dear, its really started today, went to poundstretcher bought 2 patriot blueberry plants for £4 and a packet of Mushroom spawn to use on 6 bales of straw that have been out all this wet winter. The range also do cheap around £2 plants got a kiwi jenny from them last year.

Had a look at Aldi fruit trees at £3.99 each bearing in mind fruit is bought to produce not look good as a feature. These are excellent value and look healthy. Didn't buy as got all trees my garden will cope with for now.

Just waiting for weather now.