There's snow work tomorrow

surreyarborist

Softy southerner- i have cancelled tomorrows work a big holly where i would not be able to get the van and chipper up the sloping access road. Sorry about the pun but we dont often get snow down south. I will chopping a load of pimp firewood up and getting the toboggan out last used it about 12 years ago.

Van now parked in a dead end close up the road on the level. Apparently the eskimos have a list of 24 different types of snow.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol, it's funny how englandshire is not geared up for the snow, up in the highlands here, especially where I am near Cairngorm, it;s part of life and work always continues as usual, snow or no snow...

Sounds like tomorrow is going to be havoc down south, people cant drive in the rain or on wet roads let alone in the snow and ice.... good luck guys -I'll be staying well put up in the Highlands - business as usual.

I dont mind working in the snow, from my point of view the boys always work herder when it's cold, take less breaks and generally get more done so better value for money.

I do take a big disliking to working in the snow in the woods when it's at the stage that every tree you cut down practically brings an avalanche on top of your head, which always ends up down the back of your shirt - the likewise can be said when the snow is in the trees and starts melting - nasty nasty!

We have a policy of work till you're wet and then go home, so it's not all that bad.

people cant drive in the rain or on wet roads let alone in the snow and ice.... good luck guys -I'll be staying well put up in the Highlands - business as usual.

How true; just been out to fetch my daughter and side road on ?1:12 hill blocked by double-decker bus at 45deg across it! Why did he even try to go up that with 4" of snow on the ground?

lol, it's funny how englandshire is not geared up for the snow, up in the highlands here, especially where I am near Cairngorm, it;s part of life and work always continues as usual, snow or no snow...

Sounds like tomorrow is going to be havoc down south, people cant drive in the rain or on wet roads let alone in the snow and ice.... good luck guys -I'll be staying well put up in the Highlands - business as usual.

we,av you money down er thats why you graft we chill :001_tongue:only joking ! you have less fxxking idiots in BMW,S than we have driving like dick head & crashing if get my meaning:mad1:becouse they have to show of dont they:ohmy:do they

I dont mind working in the snow, from my point of view the boys always work herder when it's cold, take less breaks and generally get more done so better value for money.

I do take a big disliking to working in the snow in the woods when it's at the stage that every tree you cut down practically brings an avalanche on top of your head, which always ends up down the back of your shirt - the likewise can be said when the snow is in the trees and starts melting - nasty nasty!

We have a policy of work till you're wet and then go home, so it's not all that bad.

get yourself a vest mat, john maclean can work in the snow and the terorist just fired up a big stihl in the snow.:001_smile: