How much profit is there hauling timber?

eggsarascal

HI NICK 400hp CLAAS I've seen them at our dealers how much red dev do they use per day more then my MF 165 BUT THAT WILL STILL BE GOING WHEN THE 400HP ONE IS IN THE SCRAP YARD :laugh1::lol::laugh1:JON :thumbup:

Lot better on fuel than the similar horse power John Deere it replaced.. And hope for there sake it's more reliable..

That's why they changed.. Local John Deere dealer was getting bit too big for their boots I think..... It certainly shook them up when they found out their biggest production line John Deere had been swapped for a Claas..!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having read this thread, I cant really see the point of it apart from slating a hard working bloke for making money? Whos business is it anyway really what Nick earns?

All the best Nick is what I say mate, trucks are bloody hard work to make money out of (we have one on the farm and dad runs one) so good on you matey. As for making money from tractors etc, i am seriously thinking about selling mine...too many mugs around here charging £18-£20 per hour for man and 40k tractor for my liking.

Having read this thread, I cant really see the point of it apart from slating a hard working bloke for making money? Whos business is it anyway really what Nick earns?

All the best Nick is what I say mate, trucks are bloody hard work to make money out of (we have one on the farm and dad runs one) so good on you matey. As for making money from tractors etc, i am seriously thinking about selling mine...too many mugs around here charging £18-£20 per hour for man and 40k tractor for my liking.

HI BEN yes it mad mate 40k/150k for £20/50hrs i no a lot chap like it jon :thumbup:

I have kept out of this argument as it is none of my business. But the original question on the British Farming Forum was whether to go for a National Licence or a Restricted Licence using a hired in driver. The fourth answer received hit the nail on the head saying it only works with yourself in the driving seat rather than a hired driver. This I believe is how Nick runs his operation and good luck to him. For the record my HGV is laid up at the moment with no intention of putting it back on the road in the current economic climate. As for running an Artic with hired in driver been there done that never again.

If the guy is making whatever amount a day ,good luck to him,Dont slag him off get yer hand out and buy one,It isnt all big profit belive me,sat in a forest with 6 axles up to your nuts in mud,burst oil pipes,tyres,vosa ,etc etc ,i could go on

right, i not sure it is right for a bloke to slate someone for loading up on a break when, i am certain anybody in tree surgery has done this, they would drive round in a transit tipper loaded with chip towing a chipper. where is your tacho in that instance?

i doubt it that there is a tacho and i wouldn't expect one because we all dance with the law to make things pay. Who would go and tip off when the chip was level with the tailgate??

certainly not me or any other tree surgeon i have ever met!!

go forth and drive a trailer without the ticket, drive overloaded, load up in ya break.

may the force be with you