whats your price and is it worth it

frenchy

Think i'll be upping prices this year again... you have to try and work smart don't you, even by a fiver or so, you earn more but work less :001_smile: or something like that lol

I should Chris. Seasoned firewood is a valuable commodity, why let people have it for a song when you slog your guts out to produce it? No one else selling high demand products does anyone any favours! :thumbup1:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Delivered 2 bulk bags Saturday. Good full bags majority ash which has been split for 2 years. Good quality product. Bloke saw bags on trailer and commented it lookeda good load. Tipped them on his drive, again commented how much was there! Sunday I get a phone call from him complaining that the load didn't fill his store! Said I was too expensive! Nearly told him I'd come and remove the load but figured he's the first to comment negatively out of 2 years and several hundred loads! Some people just want a lot for nothing!

Delivered 2 bulk bags Saturday. Good full bags majority ash which has been split for 2 years. Good quality product. Bloke saw bags on trailer and commented it lookeda good load. Tipped them on his drive, again commented how much was there! Sunday I get a phone call from him complaining that the load didn't fill his store! Said I was too expensive! Nearly told him I'd come and remove the load but figured he's the first to comment negatively out of 2 years and several hundred loads! Some people just want a lot for nothing!

thats a nightmare.... their the customers that make you want to give up doing logs.... until you deliver to a nice one again... lol

That's why I sell by the bulk bag now, when they call I explain it a bulk bag, I never call it a tonne bag as it does not hold a tonne of logs. Most people know what a bulk bag is like. I use old sand bags from builders merchants, 80x80. :)

Why do you prefer to sell 80x80x80 bags for £60 when you could sell 110 x 90 x100 for double that. More money to cover the haulage costs to the customer, I do appreciate that some don't have £120 to spend but can run to £60.

I suppose you can get them two wide on a transit or IFW trailer and then make the same.

A

Don't undersell yourself. Don't sell anyone any rubbish.Neither does any of us any good in the long term.

Sort your costs out properly, research your local markets, find a niche nobody else is doing without needing to "go for it" just to survive.

Go in for the long game, and do it properly, do our industry a favour. There's enough quick buck searching sharks out there annoying us and our customers until they don't get any re-orders and give up.