Protos Arborist Helmet.

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think they are only rated to 27 snr. Not enough for chipping etc really. Read a few reviews of the ptotos and the ear defenders are the only gripe. Not sure how effective the extra foam idea would be?

I recon you could take the foam inset out of a set of sordin chipper compatable defenders and cut them down to fit in, I'm gonna try it:)

Whoa, 🐎 !! Steady up boys before you go chopping up old ear defenders and shoving them into Protos!!

Here's an Advisory Notice (that you probably know already, but just to confirm)....

This practice is not recommended by Protos and if you do alter the specification of Protos and/or it's components, product warranty from Protos/Pfanner would be instantly voided. (Same applies with the application of stickers to the helmet).

At the moment Protos ear defenders are rated to 23SNR. Protos are working on increasing the rating but maximum is likely to be around 27SNR as the overall thickness of the ear defenders needs to be kept to a minimum to enable the ear defenders to 'park' up inside the helmet.

Some Protos customers are happy to use ear plugs when working chippers etc that require higher SNR rating.

Some news...

Pleased to advise that integrated safety glasses for Protos will be available soon. These will attach onto the headband and when out of use will slip neatly up inside the brow area. Also a plexi-visor is being designed too, so you can switch between mesh visor and clear visor.

Cheers, Y 😊

whoa, 🐎 !! Steady up boys before you go chopping up old ear defenders and shoving them into protos!!

Here's an advisory notice (that you probably know already, but just to confirm)....

This practice is not recommended by protos and if you do alter the specification of protos and/or it's components, product warranty from protos/pfanner would be instantly voided. (same applies with the application of stickers to the helmet).

At the moment protos ear defenders are rated to 23snr. Protos are working on increasing the rating but maximum is likely to be around 27snr as the overall thickness of the ear defenders needs to be kept to a minimum to enable the ear defenders to 'park' up inside the helmet.

Some protos customers are happy to use ear plugs when working chippers etc that require higher snr rating.

Some news...

Pleased to advise that integrated safety glasses for protos will be available soon. These will attach onto the headband and when out of use will slip neatly up inside the brow area. Also a plexi-visor is being designed too, so you can switch between mesh visor and clear visor.

Cheers, y 😊

😎😎😎😎😎😎

• 6 months later...
😎😎😎😎😎😎

Seriously annoying ear defenders!!! constantly falling out of the rails, which means you spend an average of 5 minutes a day trying to relocate the pins back into the rails, also I have just been to the doctor = swollen ear drum which I put down to the lack of protection offered by the ear defenders, I am going to order the good old Petzl vertex to save my hearing!!! HALF THE COST TOO