Why is work so hard to find?

chipper080

I know you will all come up with some sort of answer and i appreciate you comments i am finding it very hard to find work.

I have tried my friends and family and nothing found i have phoned different firms and no work for me i know the work is out there to be done but no one wants me to do it.

This make me feel depressed and i think its a world where if your face fits the job is yours and if your name is right as well.

Maybe you gentlemen in this line of work can tell me what the hell is wrong is it me or the work? (woodland and forestry)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you need to prove you can do it, simples.:001_smile:

the simple answer is its you. now that thats clarified, you only need to change the habits of 1 person in the world, not everyone elses.:001_rolleyes:

if you were a child coming through the door after a day at school and al you did was winge that you did nothing and werent very enthusiastic, i would eventually just ignore you and label you as the wingey kid.:sneaky2:

If you came bounding through the door with excitement of your day, with pictures of what you have done, stories of who you met, played with and learned, i would be counting the seconds to see you running out of school everyday like i do my own kids.:001_cool:

put some pics up of your work, abilities, interests, where you live, what your name and age is. You have to sell yourself, because there are thousands just like you. Employers dont owe you anything, your parents friends dont need to give you work, its up to you.

not being nasty, but saw in other posts that you can't drive, maybe that's a contributing factor, employers are always going to try and find the most qualified people but if work is in different places they might go for someone that can get there by themselves rather than having to travel to collect you

super Silky Fox doesnt need a car:thumbup1:

the first thing to remember is its very tough for every one . so dont feel sorry for yourself big firms going bust shows its tough for every one . you need to concentrate on your qualities and improve your weekness . get in touch with as many people as you can and be willing to try any way of getting a start . keep going mate and very best of luck for new year be POSITIVE start trying people on here for a start ...:thumbup1:

cos everybodys skint and you are slap bang in the middle of a recession that shows no sign of ending our phones havent rung now for 5 weeks prior to that we had 2/3 good jobs cancelled also everybody goes into hibernation at this time of the year and doesnt go out in the garden

to make money dont keep all your eggs in the one basket

we do everything from tree work to plant repairs and its still tough for us

I have been very busy the last 3 years treading water. I will get rid of a third of my work in the new year as its just not worth doing. Easier times and more time to look for more profitable worth doing work. The recession has effected alot of industries in this country you need to find the ones still flying high. Everything goes dead for 6 weeks around christmas which does not help.

find the sort of companies whose employees say are fair to them. Then go round and enquire and sell yourself- get a name but don't harrass that person. Offer to work for free for a couple of days. Show willingness. Start each day with a smile on your face. Stay positive but take positive criticism. It's a long list but if you really want something then theres your answer.

Oh- and don't lie about your abilities. That is a real piss off to any employer.