Watch this before you drink and drive.

GardenKit

I wounder what would happen to the drink drivers in this country if we had adverts like that... This should be shown everywhere IMO.

In Northern Ireland, we have similar adverts.

You would probably find them on YouTube.

I'm not sure it made any difference over here. :sad:

Any kind of ad should'nt be necessary.

If you're going to drink, don't drive. If you've been drinking, don't drive. There is NO excuse. Simple.

Yea that works for you cos you are sensible but there are some knobs out there who are not like you so I think the add is needed .

Yes obviously drink driving is unacceptable, that a given.

But must of whats shown in that clip still happens on our roads without drink, why do we allow cars/trucks, etc to mix with pedestrians?????? its bonkers!!!!!!!

We have assorts of nonsense such as LOLER, yet vehicles of unto 44tonnes can pass children at unto 50MPH with nothing at all to prevent accidents??????

I just don't get why we accept it????????????

I would like to share a personal experience with everyone about the dangers of drinking and driving.

As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends.

Well two days ago I was out for an evening at Weatherspoons with friends and had several beers followed by some rather nice Gin & Tonics.

Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit and that's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a taxi home.

Sure enough on the way home down Spencer Avenue there was a police road block but since it was a taxi they waved it past and so I arrived home safely without incident.

This was a real surprise to me as I had never driven a taxi before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it

I just copied and pasted this! Made me laugh!