Arbtalk Fat Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Ok, so there's plenty of us on here who are fed up with our weight and it's manfestations.

I'm not getting any younger, my back aches and I really want 2013 to be the start; I've made very minor progress with starting cycling again this past summer but broke my bike blah blah blah.

Merely grafting more (anaerobic) makes no difference; atleast for me. Aerobic is what works to re-ignite my metabolism and as a side bonus increases fitness which in turn improves productivity (drastically) at work, as well as burn fat. Plus you sleep better, feel better etc etc etc. For me also, protein good, carbs and sugar bad. That's me, dunno if it helps anyone else.

I feel a little competitiveness can be quite motivating as well so reckon this thread might serve to drive (not brag) us to achieve meaningful changes; for me that is a loss of 2 stone from 16.5, possibly 3 thus aiming for 14 max.

You've got 4 or 5 days left to pig out! :thumbup:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel the same, just had key hole surgery on my knee, but I will be joining you in this quest for a healthier / fitter lifestyle. Currently 16.5, want to be 13.5 and this is the year. Have asked my wife to cook smaller portions for tea, no alcohol, sweets or treats, lots of water and excersise 5 times a week for at least 40 mins, can't wait to get started.

im so fed up with my self but never seam to be able to motivate myself (very good at not doing this :( ) and then get what must be depressed then eat rubbish ! :( also money is tight want to get out on my push bike but its knackered need new one :( see there i go an excuse ! grr im anywhere between 18 and 19 stone on average would like to be around 16 maybe less if i don't end up looking emaciated ( i have large frame ! )

will try to have a go and sort it out this coming year and hope it does as said to make me feel much better psychically and mentally :

I'm currently the heaviest I have ever been, ever! I'm now up to 16.5 stone, previous "best" was just over 15. I'm the happiest and most comfortable that I've ever been. I have more energy, more drive, more enthusiasm for my work, and the reserves to keep on going. Being skinny sucks big time, you have no energy reserves, no warm layer to keep out the cold, you actually waste even more energy keeping warm. I know, I've been skinny, didn't matter what I ate it just never went on the bones. I can't be bothered with worrying about the trivia of a little extra weight, or how many calories I've eaten today, life is really far too short for that nonsense.