Who are the tattoo junkies in the world of arbtalk?!

will.morris

I just got a new wooden plug for my ear after having a metal one for a few years, you get alot of cheesey puss build up with metal - it smells rank! :D

Wood or plastic is the way to go if you don't want the cheese!

Yep have heard about this lol, especially sweating under ear defenders in nz's heat. So you reckon the plastic ones are ok? A guy I went to college with said wood is the only option for not getting the smell. How often should you take them out to wash, can you do it daily?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One question has always bugged me about those ear loop things.... Why??.

Not in a funny way (well exept that get them big enough and you can it a carabina through and use yourself as an anchor point :lol:)

Just what compels anyone to have them? It's all a bit confusing to me.

Sorry if I sound like a old fart, or like I'm trying to start anything as I'm not. Just an honest question that needs an honest answer.

Fair question :001_smile:

For me it's because it kinda goes with my lifestyle as cheesey as that sounds. I work with a load of heavy metal fans like myself and dark tattoos like mine and tunnels kind of go with that territory.

It's just something different really, without wanting to sound vain its good to put a bit of thought into self appearance and how you want others to see you.

...plus rock/metal chicks like it and a girl covered in ink is welcome in my life any time :001_tt2::thumbup:

Fair question :001_smile:

For me it's because it kinda goes with my lifestyle as cheesey as that sounds. I work with a load of heavy metal fans like myself and dark tattoos like mine and tunnels kind of go with that territory.

It's just something different really, without wanting to sound vain its good to put a bit of thought into self appearance and how you want others to see you.

...plus rock/metal chicks like it and a girl covered in ink is welcome in my life any time :001_tt2::thumbup:

Fair enough mate. :thumbup:

Stretching is pretty much to do with customisation,as in the way that tattoos and piercings are. There are so many diffirent options available. All diffirent shapes,colours,materials etc. Can get nearly anything you desire lol. I clean mine normally around every other day and I wear silicone which for me is the best. Have tried all sorts and find that they smell less, easy to clean,squidy so do not dig in under ear defenders too. As in regards to the actual stretching you need to go slow. Did mine at around 1mm a month just to give them time to heal before moving on. If you are in a rush though some studios will "scalpel" them in for you. A few friends of mine have had this done. Basically cut the flesh away and fit tunnels. Scary though. God,wear to begin with the tattoos. Have gone through periods of having a lot of work done then a time with nothing. Think I am around between 80-100 hours. Lost track long ago, that is over around 12 years though. Still have work yet to complete so who knows where it will stop.

Good stuff mate :thumbup: That scalpling idea sounds nasty lol and I heard that stretching them from piercing rather than having them punched out makes them way stronger in the long run.

Here's a little preview of mine so far at 15hrs, it looks rough because it's all at different healing stages. I use this spray on plaster stuff that works really well, and it flakes off after about 7-10days leaving fully healed ink :thumbup: ((Hopefully no religious at'ers take offense to the pentagram :001_tt2:)). On the back I have an evil looking bird, the grim reaper, a large skull with a snake running through it and a rose at the base, a cross with a rose and vine wrapping around it and a swirl/cherry blossom on the elbow but no battery left on camera to show :001_rolleyes:

I want to finish the wrist with an oak leaf and 2 acorns to fit in nicely with arb and the existing tree elemental :thumbup: Not sure about the rest yet though and I'm also going to go back and fill in some of the gaps that look too light atm.

P1010122.jpg.9ef2604afe9981701c278d2c7b4b1be0.jpg

P1010121.jpg.acacdd1ffee96619180bcf812272f689.jpg

P1010128.jpg.5e7ad367d3657265b7cbc781ae73bf61.jpg

P1010129.jpg.660d19dbf8e5dbd53d8b43569567735c.jpg

P1010136.jpg.29bfe4b6f581a3ba4fafe85bebceb81f.jpg

Good stuff mate :thumbup: That scalpling idea sounds nasty lol and I heard that stretching them from piercing rather than having them punched out makes them way stronger in the long run.

Here's a little preview of mine so far at 15hrs, it looks rough because it's all at different healing stages. I use this spray on plaster stuff that works really well, and it flakes off after about 7-10days leaving fully healed ink :thumbup: ((Hopefully no religious at'ers take offense to the pentagram :001_tt2:)). On the back I have an evil looking bird, the grim reaper, a large skull with a snake running through it and a rose at the base, a cross with a rose and vine wrapping around it and a swirl/cherry blossom on the elbow but no battery left on camera to show :001_rolleyes:

I want to finish the wrist with an oak leaf and 2 acorns to fit in nicely with arb and the existing tree elemental :thumbup: Not sure about the rest yet though and I'm also going to go back and fill in some of the gaps that look too light atm.

:thumbup: very nice really like that :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2