pet names for equipment etc

the hedge man

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of our stuff has names. How the boys think up some of them or deign to humiliate themselves by writing the names on them and then calling for them on site I don't know.

Picked a randomn saw from the box to take down to my mum's and it's called Tarquin. The little gravity fed timberwolf is called Francine. They reckon it wants to be a real chipper and be called Frank, but isn't man enough.

Most of our stuff has names. How the boys think up some of them or deign to humiliate themselves by writing the names on them and then calling for them on site I don't know.

Picked a randomn saw from the box to take down to my mum's and it's called Tarquin. The little gravity fed timberwolf is called Francine. They reckon it wants to be a real chipper and be called Frank, but isn't man enough.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

we name a few tools ,it makes the day a bit funnier!

ricky rake

homer (yellow landscaping rake)

the hornet stihl 017

the napsack backpack blower

we also have two poles that hold the sheet up on a hilux pickup,they are allways laying around on the job,getting in the way and being a general nuisance,we named after two work colleauges sean and danny haha

• 3 months later...

We have a new stumpgrinder called 'Doris' after our recently departed aunty who left us a legacy (which paid for our new machine).

Doris is a predator 450 - and I know the original Doris will be pleased to see what a great machine it is (thanks for the advice Theocus) - we 'enjoy' stumping now!

We have a new stumpgrinder called 'Doris' after our recently departed aunty who left us a legacy (which paid for our new machine).

Doris is a predator 450 - and I know the original Doris will be pleased to see what a great machine it is (thanks for the advice Theocus) - we 'enjoy' stumping now!

Nice one:thumbup: you won't forget her in a hurry and at least it will keep earning you money instead of peeing it against a wall. I did the same to get my first truck:thumbup:

385xp - the monster

236 - pubic hair trimmer

560xp - the toy

Ms200t - the kettle

Ms290s - bags of sh..

Brushcutters - evil strimmers

Pole hedgecutter - gypo stick

Pole saw - pokey stick

Backpack blower - knapsack

Knapsack sprayers - single mans training aid

Helmet - lid

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App