a nice cut for hung trees

dadio

Tbh Daniel, I enjoy most of your videos, it's just a shame that whenever you post them on here, people jump on them and slate you. This cut is something I have used several times, it does work and is potentially much quicker than other options available. I don't however share these techniques with other people due to the level of unpredictability involved. I also make sure anyone else on site is well away from me before trying. If I get hurt it's my own fault.

We all know you can do your job, though perhaps in a different fashion than many people on here would choose. Perhaps these things are best kept in the experienced cutters head and not published for God knows who to read?

:dito:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh Daniel, I enjoy most of your videos, it's just a shame that whenever you post them on here, people jump on them and slate you. This cut is something I have used several times, it does work and is potentially much quicker than other options available. I don't however share these techniques with other people due to the level of unpredictability involved. I also make sure anyone else on site is well away from me before trying. If I get hurt it's my own fault.

We all know you can do your job, though perhaps in a different fashion than many people on here would choose. Perhaps these things are best kept in the experienced cutters head and not published for God knows who to read?

:thumbup1:

:thumbup:

why should advanced techniques not be shared within our industry?

I wouldnt particularly describe this as advanced techniques treemeup. Its no different to what experienced cutters have been doing for years. The whole point is, it just isnt the safest method. To be honest if I had to categorize it, i'd say its a lazy mans technique. Its far quicker to bosh a tree down in this manner than to go to the effort(and expense sometimes) of doing it the safe way. And despite what Daniel claims, its impossible to judge where the tension is or exactly what a tree of this size will do when its cut, anyone who believes this is well...just plain gullible.

In my pool playing years, this technique is probably what I would have referred to as a 'hit and hope'.

In closing...its fun, gets the adrenalin pumping, and i've done it heaps, so im not criticizing Daniel for doing it, merely stating what I see as a more accurate assessment(in my opinion)of the danger involved.

Yours Lazily