Beginners climbing guide, hints, tips and general climbing techniques

Adam Bourne

As usual people can't handle opinions and take everything personal... Someone's started a decent thread and people have again spoilt it by getting excited about things ! How many more good threads shall suffer from people being utterly stupid!

Albedo you may have been climbing 20 years but you talk like some 16 year olds ever heard of never having nothing nice to say don't say it?

I didn't post on this forum for a while coz of people like you and threads like this If I was a newcomer why the heck would I wanna get involved in this thread when you have comments like yours?

Grow up and enjoy rest of your Christmas!

:thumbup:

Adam, please carry on with the thread.

As what has been already said, it is the small minority that like to pick an argument so spoil for the rest.

Also waiting for the lowering thread to be started again, another good piece from yourself.

Keep up the good work.:thumbup1:

no idea if this would work but could you tape the maillon up so no metal is showing? may quieten the clang. or girth hitch a small rated webbing sling to it and clip into that? iused to have a rock climbing harness that had some venlcro holding te waist strap for flapping around-the noise of it peeling apart when sitting back always gave me the sh##s too.

I climbed on the ring to ring for two years and in that time i learnt alot and i think that until you get the basics down the rope guide or pulley saver is not really a huge advantage as you wont be moving around the tree at an almighty pace anyway. i think its important to focus on technique and work positioning with basic stuff because its suitable to the pace that you are working and it builds good strength. when you start climbing you are not expected to be fast.

The ropeguide and tree motion are both tools i could not go without now but i was very happy climbing and swinging around on a ring to ring and a tree magic for the start of my career but if you want one then get one , it may feel a bit strange and unnerving but you will get used to it and will love it but imo it is not a must have for beginner climbers

hope everyone had a good christmas :thumbup: :thumbup:

Also by getting the best kit,you are never going to find a difference in your climbing.i remember when I upgraded the my first harness,the difference was amazing.the comfort and movement(went from a fixed d to sliding d) was enough to put a spring in my step and the biggest key to improving your climbing technique and speed(not that it's the most important) is confidence and by having fun.climbing is sooooo much better with a smile on my face.

Enjoy your time in the tree,don't get frustrated and chech double and triple check.never get a chip on your shoulder because someone more experienced is giving pointers all the time,they are just trying to help and not make life difficult.

Jake:thumbup1:

Cheers for the pointers guys, I do get on well with the Willans just have to get used to the clicking. I totally get what you are saying about getting the basics down, I need to get out on some rec climbs, and climb with some more experienced climbers to pick up some tips.

Cheers Ollie

Cheers for the pointers guys, I do get on well with the Willans just have to get used to the clicking. I totally get what you are saying about getting the basics down, I need to get out on some rec climbs, and climb with some more experienced climbers to pick up some tips.

Cheers Ollie

Never be intimidated by a good climber but use them as a tool too learn from.reccy climbs are a awesome way to go

Jake:thumbup1: