Zig zag

Charlie1988

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZigZag definitely sounds promising

how will it fair covered in conifer sap, dirt, sawdust/shavings, bits of bark, climbing up through ivy etc.

Will those cams open and close without the slightest problem all of the time?

Has the zig zag been tested in the real world? where is the proof of this? where are videos of it being used on removals? is it more of a device for people who spend most of their time in large open crowns removing deadwood or handsawing tips during crown reductions?

Was it given to objective treeclimbers not connected with Petzl to be put through every conceivable treeclimbing situation in all weathers on many different species ie the sap problem with firs?

Most folk in their wiseness have kept using rope hitches despite the availability of the lock/spiderjack, could it be that the reason for this is that a rope hitch just feels better/safer?

hitch.jpg.7186005d8d7e7b0a47a568bb618c2172.jpg

Edited by scotspine1

I can't honestly see why this would really matter. Once its on its on

It can matter (a bit) if you use two or more different ropes. Also throwline installation is easier if the device is off the rope.

Not life changing but minor irritations.

Having said all that I was a LJ user for 8 years.

Having said all that the SJ user I know make those complaints.

There's no argument here. I didn't say one is better, it's what suits a person.

:thumbup1::001_smile:

Is that a function you can rate as I'm sure it's attached to your line right now as we speak. :001_tt2:

It's not a function but a feature. Many people on here comment on how they prefer mid line attachable and base their choice on that. Horses for courses, each to their own.

Erm, my LJ is most definitely not "on my line right now as we speak". My Hitch Hiker is!:001_tt2::laugh1:

Most folk in their wiseness have kept using rope hitches despite the availability of the lock/spiderjack, could it be that the reason for this is that a rope hitch just feels better/safer?

That comment is as out dated as the use of a Prussik knot. Almost everywhere else in the world almost no one climbs on hitch knots and it's been that way for years.

The stubborn and down trodden British mentality prevents us from progression.:sneaky2:

Just my opinion, held up by global facts.:thumbup::thumbup:

That's not meant to be confrontational by the way:001_smile:.

Got to say I don't know many people who climb on mechanicals. In fact I think I only know one off the top of my head. I am keen to see how the zigzag measures up out in the field against the other mechanicals. The price is good but will it be enough to get me to change from the SJ or is it yet another piece of tree bling.

. Almost everywhere else in the world almost no one climbs on hitch knots and it's been that way for years.

The stubborn and down trodden British mentality prevents us from progression.:sneaky2:

:001_smile:.

isnt the Hitch Hiker a hitch based system bro :001_tongue: