The O.C.G.D. Thread.

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey OMT would you be worried about it dropping onto hard surfaces??

No but I'm guessing you ask because of fragile targets like cars, conservatories etc.

You'll see in the photo that it comes with a vinyl sleeve and a foam sock. You choose the protector you want depending on the situation.

Realistically though, I wouldn't fire or throw any kind of throw weight so that it could come down on a fragile target.

Having said that, the foam sock means that you could do this and Thomas has reported that this can be done with confidence, although it's definitely the choice of the operator on the day (& not Thomas' responsibility if you get it wrong 😄).

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

No but I'm guessing you ask because of fragile targets like cars, conservatories etc.

You'll see in the photo that it comes with a vinyl sleeve and a foam sock. You choose the protector you want depending on the situation.

Realistically though, I wouldn't fire or throw any kind of throw weight so that it could come down on a fragile target.

Having said that, the foam sock means that you could do this and Thomas has reported that this can be done with confidence, although it's definitely the choice of the operator on the day (& not Thomas' responsibility if you get it wrong 😄).

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

I wasnt worried about fragile targets, i was wondering what would happen to the expensive throw weight. I work in london and do lots of private square gardens with lots of mature 25 - 30m planes and most are all or partly over roads/hard surfaces. Occationally my throw bag pings off a branch and drops full pelt 20m + onto tarmac/york stone. Its that sort of scenario im wondering about. I know it has that foam cover but that has to seriously impeed performance?? Just picking your brain as i am interested.

I wasnt worried about fragile targets, i was wondering what would happen to the expensive throw weight. I work in london and do lots of private square gardens with lots of mature 25 - 30m planes and most are all or partly over roads/hard surfaces. Occationally my throw bag pings off a branch and drops full pelt 20m + onto tarmac/york stone. Its that sort of scenario im wondering about. I know it has that foam cover but that has to seriously impeed performance?? Just picking your brain as i am interested.

I've seen a RK put a hole in a Tarmac drive. Be careful out there OMT, always wear a helmet!