Hitch Hiker thread.

Not ordered one yet but looking best part of £150 with overseas delivery mate which ain't bad really looking forward to using it and giving more feedback on it! It would be great if a UK Arb shop could deal in it, apparently no one has shown any interest in it though :confused1:

Plan on adding a bit on top for import tax as well mate. I had 4m of rope and a jumper sent from Oz. Post office wanted £27 to release it:sneaky2:

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not deleted the first part of your post because I think its rubbish because it wasn't it was spot on and a great reply on the differences between the 2 devices And I very much like your posts dave :thumbup1:

This last part of your post is what I think a lot of people get wrong when it comes to hitches in any system, why would anyone want a hitch that self tends???? It's completely defeating the object of its job and its job is to keep you from falling from height! Right? So a self tending hitch has to be a hitch that is loose in order for it to self tend! It's just ridiculous in my eyes! If its doing this then its clearly not tied dressed and set properly and there for not doing its job it should be doing!!!! There are devices out there that will do this and that are designed to do this! But a hitch is designed to do 2 things grip the rope its on and add friction to the rope to help control a decent!!! Sorry, i might well come across as being arsy towards climbers who use this sporty option but that's just it its not a sport its not a competition! It's a job a job that we take all our time to eliminate every risk possible that you feel the need to ignore!!!

Rant over :biggrin:

I agree with this 100% Adam I have always said if you want something to selftend go mechanical a solid reliable hitch is far better than a loose one.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I agree with this 100% Adam I have always said if you want something to selftend go mechanical a solid reliable hitch is far better than a loose one.

Agreed. 'Sporty' hitches are madness in the work environment IMO.

Someone mentioned on an earlier post that the thought of having to tie a stopper knot puts them off because the HH can't be used with eye2eye.

A few people have mentioned this on The Treehouse but then come back and said it's no biggie.

I don't think it's an issue, it's only one knot to tie because the other one stays in place permanently. Also as previously mentioned the HH is very hitch sensitive so being able to 'tune' the hitch to suit the feeling you like could be seen as advantageous by some, irritating by others.

Quite fun being able to tweak it though and you can adjust it on the wet days when everything feels a bit sticky.

Well i caved...

First impressions of the HH, Damn its heavy, its well made nice and compact, I found it a PITA to set up i dropped the bottom of it alot trying to hold the dogbone in place while tieing the cord that kept unravelling felt like i needed three hands, i dont like not having an easy way of advancing the HH, found that it slided up really nicely for the first few advances then my neck elastic would not shift it. Teding slack with it is weird sometimes it wouldnt budge then others it would feel really easy i understand regarding technique used to do it is different but i feel the RW just does it better there are more options regarding slacktending, I liked the fact there isnt anything above the hitch, i found it smooth for descent which was good. I hate the Dogbone not being able to use or tie e2es i think is a bit stupid i have had situations were i needed to retie cord and being able to quickly switch out my cord has been useful.

20130222_190501.jpg.30881bda84447e6d935ce7fad4e35c6a.jpg