Does anyone drive a VW Transporter

splinters

What are the 2.5 tdi like on fuel? We've been looking for a bit but it would need to replace Wife's 307 hdi and she does about 75 miles a day going to work and back. Did consider the synchro and replace my 90 but think I'd end up battering it too much.

Have seen quite a few Vauxhall vivaro (and the nissan version) that looked quite smart with seats in the middle/back too. Think they work out cheaper for newer too as they're not so sought after.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im planning to buy a vw transporter to replace my landrover.

i want a Kombi so i can fit the kids in the back and my saws and carvings in the very back. but what i dont know is weather to get a SWB or a LWB . any body know what the internal length of either is. idealy what is the length from the back edge of the sliding door to the back doors. i cant find it any where on the interweb so as usual when all else fails consult the arbtalk encyclopedie.

VW T4 SWB roughly 4ft from back edge of side door to back doors. Just to clarify,are you looking at T4 T5 or T28 vans?

VW T4 SWB roughly 4ft from back edge of side door to back doors. Just to clarify,are you looking at T4 T5 or T28 vans?

i think its going to be a T4 there seen to be to many complaints with the T5s it looks to me like the VW version of the landrover 300tdi vs Td5 argument. i have a budget of about £8k.

I've had a LWB 2.5l T4 as my daily drive for a few years now and it is excellent. Driven sensibly it does 33 mpg, on a steady run, lightly loaded, it will do 40 mpg. I added cruise control for under £100 which helps.

If you want seats in the back then try to get a van which had them factory fitted as I've found that a lot of insurance companies won't touch a van with after market seats (even if professionally fitted). Having said that I've got a good price from my current insurer now.