Flashing

jaime bray

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were working at a hospital recently and reversing the trailer when an inpatient pedestrian decided to save time by stepping over the draw bar on the trailer as it was moving. It turns out it was a hospital porter with a bad attitude luckily he never bent anything on the trailer.

when doing any of this trailer thing, you need to go slow, chippers are short and easy to tow, but i see whats happening, i towed long trailers in the past.

eye contact is the best way to avoid an accident, if you can see them!:laugh1:

At a decidely judgemental 53 years of age I have concluded that most drivers have never outgrown their unthinking teenage years, and generally fail to read the road and the traffic, whilst taking time of day and weather into the equation.

I therefore mostly drive in defensive mode, this does not necessitate driving any slower, and can indeed allow one to proceed faster bytimes, especially on roundabouts.:001_tt2:

What I really want is a horn switch located under my left foot, then since I drive a DSG or the SDP auto, I can really carve them up, all quite correctly and legally.

Pet hates (i) Poor lane discipiline on roundabouts.

(tailgating)

(iii) Unthinking pedestrians walking through the closing gap as one attempts to reverse park in a tight space.

Sometimes while leading a child by the hand.

(iv) failure to slow and flash one out when they are approaching a tight right turn, and they could more easily swing in by letting one clear the road end first. But no keep coming and make a proper feast of getting turned round ones bonnet.

The best or worst example recently was as I was driving behind a tractor with a 4 fur plough on the back, along a poor country road.

Not a mission of getting past so tootle behind.

Another car came up behind me and stuck very/too close to my bumper.

Approachiing a farm place on the left hand sde, the tractor started to slow, I thought, chances are he will be turning in here, so I hung back a bit furthur.

Dork behind dd not think and decided to pass us both as the tractor slowed.

Tractor driver indicated and proceeded to turn in left

Well whadday know the plough swung out, what else could it do? just as brain dead driver got abreast of the rear furrow.

****** near **** himself, and I still dont know how he got squeezed through the gap, but hey it warnt his fault was it, it was that bloody farmer.

Edited by difflock

Sniff, it wouldnay allow me to edit (10 min rule discriminates again slow one fnger typists)

Above entry was intended to read

(ii) Tailgating

Not (tailgating):blushing:

PS

Currently lying in bed attempting to hold net book and type with one finger while our latest recruit (Poppy Pieface) is sleeping across my chest with the "paw of ownership" comfortably dewclawed on my arm.

At a decidely judgemental 53 years of age I have concluded that most drivers have never outgrown their unthinking teenage years, and generally fail to read the road and the traffic, whilst taking time of day and weather into the equation.

I therefore mostly drive in defensive mode, this does not necessitate driving any slower, and can indeed allow one to proceed faster bytimes, especially on roundabouts.:001_tt2:

What I really want is a horn switch located under my left foot, then since I drive a DSG or the SDP auto, I can really carve them up, all quite correctly and legally.

Pet hates (i) Poor lane discipiline on roundabouts.

(tailgating)

(iii) Unthinking pedestrians walking through the closing gap as one attempts to reverse park in a tight space.

Sometimes while leading a child by the hand.

(iv) failure to slow and flash one out when they are approaching a tight right turn, and they could more easily swing in by letting one clear the road end first. But no keep coming and make a proper feast of getting turned round ones bonnet.

The best or worst example recently was as I was driving behind a tractor with a 4 fur plough on the back, along a poor country road.

Not a mission of getting past so tootle behind.

Another car came up behind me and stuck very/too close to my bumper.

Approachiing a farm place on the left hand sde, the tractor started to slow, I thought, chances are he will be turning in here, so I hung back a bit furthur.

Dork behind dd not think and decided to pass us both as the tractor slowed.

Tractor driver indicated and proceeded to turn in left

Well whadday know the plough swung out, what else could it do? just as brain dead driver got abreast of the rear furrow.

****** near **** himself, and I still dont know how he got squeezed through the gap, but hey it warnt his fault was it, it was that bloody farmer.

Totally agree - lane discipline at roundabouts annoys me massively. Either people being in the wrong lane or straight lining across them. Drives me crackers.

The other one is the general poor quality of motorway/dual carriageway driving in the UK. Anywhere else in Europe, people generally overtake and then pull back across and they flow really well. Over here people seem to think that left lane for lorries, middle for cars and right lane for rep mobiles. Used to spend a lot of time on the motorways and am glad I don't so much now.

Used to really drive me nuts when I had the trailer on and got stuck behind a slow car sat in the middle lane that wouldn't move across.

Figured the best way to drive is to treat every other car as being out to get you as it seems most of them are :001_smile:

Edited by Chris Sheppard

Or when you have to do a left turn that means you have to swing right as its very sharp so you put on your left indicator and the person behind decides to overtake!!!

Haven't you realised Stevie, that extra 0.5 seconds they'll save is soo important to them - how rude of you to slow them down by turning off :laugh1:

Going back to the original thread- try getting hold of a TOWING sign and put this on your dash- it really helps on country lanes as well.

On the subject of bad driving and there's lots out there- it's currently people who fail to indicate at roundabouts that gets me. and side junctions. There am I waiting for them to go past and they just turn- most selfish.

And don't get me on middle lane hoggers on motorways- they're just thick.

Oh yes and also people who don't acknowledge me when I wait patiently for them to go through a tight spot. Have to thank myself regularly.

Plus those idiots who think it's ok to hold me up while they chat with a mate.

I better stop now.:001_rolleyes:

Going back to the original thread- try getting hold of a TOWING sign and put this on your dash- it really helps on country lanes as well.

On the subject of bad driving and there's lots out there- it's currently people who fail to indicate at roundabouts that gets me. and side junctions. There am I waiting for them to go past and they just turn- most selfish.

And don't get me on middle lane hoggers on motorways- they're just thick.

Oh yes and also people who don't acknowledge me when I wait patiently for them to go through a tight spot. Have to thank myself regularly.

Plus those idiots who think it's ok to hold me up while they chat with a mate.

I better stop now.:001_rolleyes:

You forgot to add skip lorries to your list!!!!!!