the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

Some great pictures there Ian . You're a busy man

Cheers darrin, it's amazing how much work can be done by utilising a skid steer. I honestly think it can save 4 hours of manual work on bigger timber jobs or long conifer stems. If I can't get the skid steer in or chipper near I take the portable winch to get stuff to it. Not had any problems with clients either as I explain what I'm bringing and what it will do. Also it normally saves them money in the pocket too.

Ahhhh, it's when the stuff hits the fan that your ability to fix/improvise/find a solution comes to the fore.

It's what separates the wannabees from "the get it done"sorts

Took an extra 3 hours and two arb mates came to help recover the skid steer and bring some extra hydraulic oil so we could move it without causing additional risk of damage. Today was a day I really appreciate the tight group of mates who work with me on a weekly basis helping muck in to get everything done.

I remember once on a tight job financially the drive chain went on my old Rayco grinder miles away from my yard.

I took it off, drove around, found an agricultural engineer, got him to make one up on the spot (after much cajoling) took it back, refitted it, finished the job, got paid.

I was more chuffed with myself than after a tricky takedown.

I remember once on a tight job financially the drive chain went on my old Rayco grinder miles away from my yard.

I took it off, drove around, found an agricultural engineer, got him to make one up on the spot (after much cajoling) took it back, refitted it, finished the job, got paid.

I was more chuffed with myself than after a tricky takedown.

You've just got to get it fixed as soon as u can! And carry on

Just one of those days. Thinning a small block woodland at a local primary school. Then we blew a main hydraulic drive hose. [ATTACH]177872[/ATTACH][ATTACH]177873[/ATTACH][ATTACH]177874[/ATTACH][ATTACH]177875[/ATTACH][ATTACH]177876[/ATTACH][ATTACH]177877[/ATTACH][ATTACH]177878[/ATTACH]

I think I used up pretty much all 3 spill kits as I had to recover it to the bunded trailer.

Loving the roof on your pickup!