the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

On 09/11/2020 at 21:43, djbobbins said:

A very long time ago I did a Chemistry degree, mixed in with drinking - a common pastime for chemists, it seemed. Anyway, one of the lecturers pointed out that being a chemist is the only profession in which you wash your hands before you go for a wazz...

Sounds like he was a bit wrong, but you get my drift...

Testing the quality of ethanol is very important in yr study, dont want methanol ending up in there ? K

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have been working around the coast again today mainly by the Needles which allows a view of the ocean for miles ❤️  There is a famous landmark here where they used to test rockets.

Between 1955 and 1971 a top secret Space rocket and missile development centre was built on the site of the old Needles Battery. There were over 2,000 sq ft of control rooms with up to 240 people working there at any one time. They developed the space rockets called 'Black Night' and 'Black Arrow’. 

The Black Knight rocket was very successful with 22 test missions launched. Originally, the rocket was purely a test rocket, but in the early 1960s it was used to carry research modules into the upper atmosphere and in 1971 the only all British satellite was launched into orbit.

822AAE64-C968-4FFF-98E5-58A37097AA3E.jpeg

2B37960D-11C1-489C-8C22-393BFD634A6D.jpeg

45BE83B1-5B07-419D-A4FC-AE4390144D84.jpeg

024648D8-55EB-4576-B9BB-08B941C7F5F0.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Samantha48 said:

Are you planning on chopping the wife up ? don’t forget to bury the body under endangered plants ? then they cannot dig her up ??????????

Are you offering to help??

No, I never thought of that. But all the hype about Silky saws had to be tested, so me being the cheapskate just bought a blade. Thought I was going to have to make a handle out of beech for it. Then noticed that the holes on the new blade looked very close to the width of the bolts on my old saw......I have to say a new Silky is the dog's wobblybits. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mrblue5000 said:

Are you offering to help??

No, I never thought of that. But all the hype about Silky saws had to be tested, so me being the cheapskate just bought a blade. Thought I was going to have to make a handle out of beech for it. Then noticed that the holes on the new blade looked very close to the width of the bolts on my old saw......I have to say a new Silky is the dog's wobblybits. 

Dogs wobbly bits ?? you really are a true gentleman x yeah I can help bury the body lol ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Samantha48 said:

Are you planning on chopping the wife up ? don’t forget to bury the body under endangered plants ? then they cannot dig her up ??????????

You should get one, Sam, practise yr pruning cuts. Once yr in harness, it good way to get yrself settled - reaching out in a tree. K

• Thanks 1