WoodED

the 'todays job' thread

Getting a lot of use out of the drone Ian?
Only really if I have some free time. Which is normally after work and i just take it out for a fly about to see the world from a different point of view.

Why were they felled out of interest and did you get a ear bashing for residents or are they glad to see the last of them.  
Just their time really, remove and replant. Mostly pretty happy in fairness. Got 24 bottles of beer off one homeowner too.
  • Thanks 2

Had a belter of a couple of days deadwooding mature oaks over footpaths on a nature reserve in weardale. Got another 5 days of it next week. Little makita battery saw going well, done a handful of full bar length bits (have to be gentle but does it). Battery lasting surprisingly well. Also first few days on pure SRT, using a homemade knee ascender and rope wrench. So far so good. Bit funny but not as awkward as I was expecting for branch walking etc. 20190419_121737.jpeg20190419_121703.jpeg20190419_121645.jpeg

• Like 3

A bit long winded for the content but it's really just for my consumption, and my three subscribers (probably the guys who work with me!)

• Like 2

Forestry today. Extracting and processing cherry mainly.

Low impact.
IMG_5411.jpg

Low ground pressure.
IMG_5414.jpg

Relaxed workers.
IMG_5415.jpg

• Like 5

I recognise that bit of land, I'm on my way to drink beer there shortly.

Is that towing more fuel for the fire when the zafira catches fire?. I am assuming its a zafira , thats in the picture

5 hours ago, htb said:

Is that towing more fuel for the fire when the zafira catches fire?. I am assuming its a zafira , thats in the picture

I think it's the facelift after mine that does that. This one just pulls trees and bare bitches.

16 hours ago, AHPP said:

Forestry today. Extracting and processing cherry mainly.

IMG_5414.jpg

Are those the new 'chainsaw safety Crocs'?

• Haha 1

Just got back from bonny Scotland.
A full load on the tipper is
4 PLANKS!!!!!!
IMG_5382.jpg
Anyone want a Game of Thrones table top?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1