what would you pay?

chazzer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This family friend is extracting the Michael!

Tell him for a 10 hour day you want £7.50 an hour - explain the work involved and effort required. Compare to the amount od wood you will cut etc.

However, you need to get your tickets NOW! or do not do the work.

Good luck.

chazzer, he should not be employing you to fell without your tickets. I have no doubts as to your abilities, I know of others who have grown into the business. But without tickets, he could get into a whole world of trouble with the H&S guys. If he is a friend, he will understand the importance of doing things properly, he shouldnt want to see you get hurt either. I also you are not working alone in the woods, for your sake. As a 16 year old, though you can take your tickets, there are other considerations that must be looked at, you are still a minor in the eyes of the law, this means you need more looking after than an adult, and again his responsibilities are higher because of this.

I don't want to put you off, get ticketed, get a proper job with a proper set up, or go to college and study the trade. ArborVenture Training have an excellent track record and reputation, by the way. :thumbup1:

I started a further reply, but this sums it up spot on. Once you have the tickets you can make proper legit progress, like driving a car once you have passed. Its there and you progress. And its there when you need it.

would you rather do a 10 hour day for £25 or £200 a month for doing nothing? i perosnally wouldnt sign on, but then i defentatley wouldnt work for £25 a day either

Started in this industry with one of the large utility company's 10 years ago . £5.65 / hr .. and i was 32 with a mortgage, responsibilities and most of my NPTC units ?? Not much more than the op :001_smile:

He wants to keep all the wood for firewood all i have to do is fell and cut to "sensible" lengths he sells firewood and that is what i done a price on last time 200 tonnes cut split and in bags although now he has bought a expensive posch 350 processor and forwarding crane although 200 tonnes was too much for me with only tractor saw axe and wedges i wouldn't want to do it like that again! very long days although when i bought the 395xp instead of the 262xp that sped things up!

He sounds like a bit of a greedy b*stard and to be honest i'm sure that there is plenty of work in Berkshire for someone like yourself - sounds like it is time to move on!

Ive got a few places to ring round tomorrow for tickets might see if the ag engineering company i work for will pay for the cs30 course as i do work on chainsaws for them so they might want someone somewhat qualified. is it better to take a dull well used saw or a razor sharp almost new saw? for the cs30?

Ive got a few places to ring round tomorrow for tickets might see if the ag engineering company i work for will pay for the cs30 course as i do work on chainsaws for them so they might want someone somewhat qualified. is it better to take a dull well used saw or a razor sharp almost new saw? for the cs30?

Why would your old saw be dull?:confused1:

Saws need to be sharp regardless of there age.