Looking for a decently made combi can...

njc110381

I've had Husky and Stihl spouts snap. Although its because staff drop them and think I'm too stupid to know what happened.

The stupidity of stupid.

I tend to prefer bog standard £5 ones - green for petrol. Clear for 2 stroke. C/S oil cans

Not fussed about no spill as they are awkward and often end up causing spills. Much better to have a steady hand and pour sideways to prevent air locks. Then again- I'm old school. We've spent nothing on fuel cans in the past 5 years. They last for ever.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stihl are just as crap have punctured 4 in the last 5 years .. Although I do have to remind people to keep the saw jonnys on when they are in the back of the truck! The husky spouts are crap, forever breaking but the stihl I have only found a little sturdier so I'm really up for some other ideas on what to buy as well!

Thanks chaps. Something to think about that's for sure.

It seems people have trouble with all of them, although there certainly seems to be a majority vote for Stihl. Anyone else use the Oregon cans? They sound interesting.

I'm not too fussed about the cost as long as what I'm buying has a good reputation and should last. It seems that just about everybody is cutting corners these days to stay in the market. I wish someone would just come out and say "ok, our cans are twice the price of everone else's but we guarantee they won't break". I'd buy one.

I've never had a chain damage a can but the dogs have punctured a couple over the years. I wouldn't say that was anything to do with quality though. I had several husky cans over about ten years and got peed off with the spouts sticking and snapping. Then used Stihl for years and they do seem better but still a bit sticky. I like the idea of using the oil spout for the fuel.

Thanks chaps. Something to think about that's for sure.

It seems people have trouble with all of them, although there certainly seems to be a majority vote for Stihl. Anyone else use the Oregon cans? They sound interesting.

I'm not too fussed about the cost as long as what I'm buying has a good reputation and should last. It seems that just about everybody is cutting corners these days to stay in the market. I wish someone would just come out and say "ok, our cans are twice the price of everone else's but we guarantee they won't break". I'd buy one.

HI ALL i can say is may stihl can is very good it comes in handy too fill the smart car and off i go 1lt take me 10/12 miles:thumbup1: jobs a gooden jon :thumbup:

i think some folk need a bit more respect for a container that holds such a flammable liquid ????,:biggrin:

QUOTE]

And at the same time manufacturers should also pay some attention to the type of liquids being transported and make their containers of a sufficient quality to hold them securely. :001_smile:

we use oregon cans ran one over with the transit once and it was fine

That's the sort of reply I was looking for! Now tell me, is your Oregon can the one that looks similar to the Husqvarna or the one that looks similar to the Stihl? After looking on Google images they appear to make two types?