Kia ora from Auckland, New Zealand!

will.morris

Hi all.

Have been offline for a while as I moved out to Auckland, NZ 3 weeks ago yesterday. I came out here fresh out of college following a climbing interview back home in the UK for the american company Asplundh. I'll start off by saying what an absolutely breathtaking country it is over here, I have'nt touched the surface of things to see out here yet but I've done the east auckland beaches, been into the city centre and stood underneath the skytower and travelled 40mins south to see the spectacular Hunua Falls. But as I say ... far far more to do!

Work wise it is nice and varied, as its a council contract we do have to go and do street tree deadwooding/crown lifting which can be a bit tedius but its all experience. I've just finished 2 full working weeks and last wednesday I got chucked right in at the deep end and had to deadwood 2 oaks in a park that we measured at 105ft and 116ft ... bit different to what I've ever climbed in the UK as a student and trainee climber haha but I managed to push myself through it. I was given a crash course in SRT to access the trees which I was very thankful of and now for big stuff I don't think I'll ever use DRT to get up ever again... I changed over to DRT at the top though.

Can't wait to see what challenges await on monday and to anyone thinking of coming over here either to work or for a holiday I would say make it happen, its awesome!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an Amazing story so far Will...Big respect for what you've done....you have gone with your instincts and taken the Adventure path of life..rather than sit at home vegetating or whinging on you have rolled up your sleeves jumped in at the deep end and already it's paying off! good for you lad!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Keep the thread rolling bro and let's see some pictures:cool: