Would THIS offend you?

18 stoner

I have actually known this tree for many year now, this is how it looked prior to works and shows more of its proximity, adjacent to the main entrance and offices of a busy hotel;

[ATTACH]102175[/ATTACH]

If its the one I'm thinking it is at half a days pay upwards for grub and high society ( or wannabes ) weddings. I hope your bill was huge. I actually used to be requested to deliver the gravel there, 12 years ago when I drove a tipper truck due to my silky gravel tipping skills which required little if any raking afterwards.

Never got anything extras for it

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if the genral public have been reading in the national press about all the chestnut trees in decline and how they can shed branches then it MAY be the case that the safeness they feel through the low likelihood of branch failure as a result of a reduction of canopy cover will appease the guests anguish at something that they are highly likely to not even recognise.

Whos going to latch onto a 'reduction of canopy cover' statement and berate it. should have not mentioned it, its more fun to see people over react and picture them screaming at their computer screen

Proven wrong, the wonderful guests at said hotel have taken stock of the trees new found form and the conclusions are durdurdurdurdurrrr...

To be concluded by 18 stoner

If its the one I'm thinking it is at half a days pay upwards for grub and high society ( or wannabes ) weddings. I hope your bill was huge. I actually used to be requested to deliver the gravel there, 12 years ago when I drove a tipper truck due to my silky gravel tipping skills which required little if any raking afterwards.

Never got anything extras for it

Yep, thats the spot.

I actually did this one gratis, as they are long standing clients and I was willing to save the tree instead of it being felled.

With all the "save the tree" type mentality put aside, there is something very satisfying about spiking up a big tree like this and crashing stuff down. Slightly off topic, but it does happen from time to time.

Yep, thats the spot.

I actually did this one gratis, as they are long standing clients and I was willing to save the tree instead of it being felled.

With all the "save the tree" type mentality put aside, there is something very satisfying about spiking up a big tree like this and crashing stuff down. Slightly off topic, but it does happen from time to time.

wait for it... you spiked a tree to be retained!!!!!!!!

Jamie, what we actually experienced from the current residents was horror initially.

Once a short conversation had taken place, all left with a feeling that we, and my client were of a caring nature and not purely tree slayers, also sound in the knowledge that a safe environment had been restored and the tree could continue supplying habitat and an element of asthetic value, all beit an aquired taste.

Jamie, what we actually experienced from the current residents was horror initially.

Once a short conversation had taken place, all left with a feeling that we, and my client were of a caring nature and not purely tree slayers, also sound in the knowledge that a safe environment had been restored and the tree could continue supplying habitat and an element of asthetic value, all beit an aquired taste.

It may be prudent to say Mr 18 stoner, that there has merely been a shift in the services that the tree provides, with perhaps a reduction of one attribute but an increase in another service provide by the green infrastructure with which we all need.

It may be prudent to say Mr 18 stoner, that there has merely been a shift in the services that the tree provides, with perhaps a reduction of one attribute but an increase in another service provide by the green infrastructure with which we all need.

Many thanks for your comments Jamie, I really need to remember some of your speil though, I somehow cant seem to come out with stuff like that, especially while being attacked by some handbag throwning blue rinse. I shall try though.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

From my rather uneducated Arbocultrist viewpoint, this tree will green up again ( I presume), and may indeed have been retained as a backdrop for wedding photos ?

BUT

Surley it still provides a valuable old wood/long times established habitat for wildlife(in the form of bugs and smaller stuff) perhaps buying them enough time to move to other aging trees in the vicinity?