Would THIS offend you?

18 stoner

:biggri:biggrin:

Matt, in what way better?

Jamie, why would you think its been done as a guvvie?

I see those stains too Johnny, looks pretty infested to me?

If as a guvvie you mean the term used to describe work carried out by people that maybe work for other people, but do their own work at the weekends, then that comment was made in a purely joking way, and would have been based on a stereo typical jump to conclusions type response and say ' ooooooh thats rough isnt it lads, phwoar you wouldnt want to put your name to that would you lads,'

However, would then have proceeded to explain that although first impressions may be that the tree is not inkeeping with current best practice and modern thinking of arboricultural practices as read and learnt about at colleges and on web based forums, one should really not form a conclusion until sufficient facts have been sought.

Upon which, an opinion; that everyone is entitled to, maybe given if so requested by a person you are conversing with.

So, i do not think its been done as a 'guvvie' I mock a common workplace conversation that is held in most work vans up and down the country when somethng that could be deemed as questionable is seen.:biggrin:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:biggri:biggrin:

If as a guvvie you mean the term used to describe work carried out by people that maybe work for other people, but do their own work at the weekends, then that comment was made in a purely joking way, and would have been based on a stereo typical jump to conclusions type response and say ' ooooooh thats rough isnt it lads, phwoar you wouldnt want to put your name to that would you lads,'

However, would then have proceeded to explain that although first impressions may be that the tree is not inkeeping with current best practice and modern thinking of arboricultural practices as read and learnt about at colleges and on web based forums, one should really not form a conclusion until sufficient facts have been sought.

Upon which, an opinion; that everyone is entitled to, maybe given if so requested by a person you are conversing with.

So, i do not think its been done as a 'guvvie' I mock a common workplace conversation that is held in most work vans up and down the country when somethng that could be deemed as questionable is seen.:biggrin:

Nice one Jamie, good to see someone looking behind what you see:thumbup::thumbup:

I have actually known this tree for many year now, this is how it looked prior to works and shows more of its proximity, adjacent to the main entrance and offices of a busy hotel;

[ATTACH]102175[/ATTACH]

thats gona look nice for the hotel guests.

Nice one Jamie, good to see someone looking behind what you see:thumbup::thumbup:

I see a guidance note looming for the Arborists Working Group... How to deal with customers to ensure that you are compliant with BS3998 and that a satisfactory compromise has been sought. 3998 Qs and As for quoting.

Giving advice and guidance for the appropriate questions to ask, the manner in which we respond to a clients wishes, and how to educate them in laymans terms to enable an educated decision to be reached by the tree owner and its management. Prudent and professional tree advice... ''its the future, ive tasted it paddy!!!!!''

Pad at the ready

thats gona look nice for the hotel guests.

Well if the genral public have been reading in the national press about all the chestnut trees in decline and how they can shed branches then it MAY be the case that the safeness they feel through the low likelihood of branch failure as a result of a reduction of canopy cover will appease the guests anguish at something that they are highly likely to not even recognise.

Whos going to latch onto a 'reduction of canopy cover' statement and berate it. should have not mentioned it, its more fun to see people over react and picture them screaming at their computer screen