drugs at work!!!!!

simonm

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What attracted you to cannabis in the first place?

I was tee total at the time and a couple of mates at college were having a smoke. I turned down the offer at first but had a couple of tokes to try it. I smoked on and off since that first drag, on and off meaning i'd go several years without a smoke and then maybe a year of smoking. I enjoyed having a couple of tokes after a long day and vegging out in front of the TV. Could never work after having a smoke and I could never figure out how people do. I remained tee total through much of my life but started to have a beer (one only) or glass of wine when I gave up smoking weed.

Just for the record; I notice that it has recently been legalised in Washington State. I believe it's also decriminilised in a couple of Ozzy states.

For the record Washington, Oregon have voted to allow up to 1/2 oz for personnel use. No age discrimination. The repercussions from this decision will be far reaching and extremely dangerous for the average citizen who will have to shoulder additional cost across the board for a really stupid election result. I hope the law will be repealed, when clearer minds prevail. Excluding the dopes that actually got it on a ballot and voted it into law.

easy-lift guy

That's a load of crap, once I leave work it's my time and what I do is my business

Check your disciplinary policy

Even MP's have to account for their actions outside work.

If something you do in your own time brings the company into disrepute then you will find that a valid reason for dismissal. Harsh but fair.

Now- disrepute is arguable. Whilst I believe most publicity is good publicity I would have to dismiss an employee who was a pedo. Probably a few others on that list. Makes sense. It would be really bad for the company to keep someone on considering how public we work. Surely thats fair.

A neighbour of mine who works in construction told me that one the first day of a big job in London, they had to CDT on the spot 30%. Of that 30% he said 70% got sacked on the spot when there results came back. This was a big public project with a workforce of several hundred so not a huge a number as it seems but still massive. These checks were carried out randomly throughout the contract till the final day, thankfully the numbers of positive tests went down

Check your disciplinary policy

Even MP's have to account for their actions outside work.

If something you do in your own time brings the company into disrepute then you will find that a valid reason for dismissal. Harsh but fair.

Now- disrepute is arguable. Whilst I believe most publicity is good publicity I would have to dismiss an employee who was a pedo. Probably a few others on that list. Makes sense. It would be really bad for the company to keep someone on considering how public we work. Surely thats fair.

Thats a fair point but rather extreme, if were talking about normal decent human behaviour, most of the lads we might be discussing!

politicians are not "normal" people!:lol:

Thats a fair point but rather extreme, if were talking about normal decent human behaviour, most of the lads we might be discussing!

politicians are not "normal" people!:lol:

So true

I always go to the extremes to decide where I stand. But I'm not suggesting tree workers are all pedos though that this is a reason why it is important to behave reasonably responsibily once you have a job responsibility.

How did I do that.... reasonable, responsible and responsibility in one sentence.

F it do what you want and face the consequences. It's your life.

F it do what you want and face the consequences. It's your life.

Everyone has to learn by their own mistakes, and we will make em, and hopefully learn from them, anyone who has kids knows this better than anyone, ask my parents!:lol:

There are three or four basic laws we all share in common,

Cause no harm nor loss to others

do not steal/cheat.

forgotten the others but you get the drift... other than those as you say, its your life:thumbup1: