drugs at work!!!!!

simonm

Yet ( and yes, I know it's legal) we still glorify drinking to excess. Just because it is legal doesn't make it any better than some drug use. A recent report from some scientific outfit or other stated that if drugs were re categorised to include tobacco and alcohol with 1 being the most dangerous, they would be rated and number 1 and 3 respectively. I suppose the argument is null and void while they are still legal.

I'm not defending drinking though - never understood the whole drinking to excess thing. Managed to get that out the system by the time I hit 20. Can't bide people smoking near me either.

THUD: I've just realised - I'm a narrow minded grumpy old man 30 years early :lol:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still illegal regardless,your point was about individuals who would break the law? illegal is illegal, God im pedantic!

Yes, I can see what you mean - perhaps not the best wording. I was getting more towards that someone caught speeding is less likely to have a criminal conviction from it, whereas other illegal things could be more likely to end up with a criminal conviction. :001_smile:

• 2 months later...

i employed a labourer through a employment agency in 2006.they are supposed to do police checks on these people

this guy looked at least 45(but was actually only 25 a typical meth head) worked well for two days and then did not turn up the next day.

he had left a shirt in the truck so i went round to where he was staying only to be told that he had been arrested the night before for a sexual assault on a minor.

turns out the bloke had a warrant out on him for a similar case in Queensland

so much for the police check by the agency

last time i used that agency

We had a lad at work who got into stuffing ketamin up his nose in his spare time.

He became unpleasant, unreliable and aggressive.

It transpired that he'd been doing at work for some time and I asked him to stop and told him I wasn't going to report him as he was an important asset to me on site but I wasn't going to stand for it.

A week later, right in front of me he made himself a huge line of the siht and snorted it all down.

I was totally aghast as we were sitting not thirty foot away from a copper who was mowing his lawn next door!

After the rasher had put his mower away and bggrd off, I blew up at him asking what he fudge he thought he was doing, the lighting fast reply came as 'fcuk off' I totally lost it and belted him round the face, very funny to watch the powder come squirting out his nose as I did it, but definately the wrong way to deal with subordinates :sad:

The next day I got to work to find out the boss had sent him home with a weeks suspended pay because he'd come out of his house with snot encrusted polos round his nose, a week later he smashed a £400 bit of kit into a customers patio cracking the customers (rather expensive) paving and irreprably damaging the unit.

It also got back to us sometime later that he'd been stealing from customers.

Don't tolerate drugs at work!

Do what towelly does, do a good days work then reward yourself afterwards! :thumbup1: