drugs at work!!!!!

simonm

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few drinks at the end of the day is fine, so long as it's not in your system the following day for work, or you drive home and get pulled for DUI, which would then mean you can't drive works vehicles. Easier to have a zero tolerance across the board IMO.

Another issue with having a few drinks at the end of the working week; if an employee has an accident on the way home from work and is DUI , if the alcohol has been provided by or consumed on the employer's premises the employer can be held partially responsible and therefore, charged.

I'm going to have to disagree. This job is dangerous enough without adding drugs to the equation. Driving the day after a heavy night on the beers is still illegal as the alcohol is still in your system.

Driving while high is the same as drunk driving. Would you get in a taxi if the driver was high?

In your free time it's up to you what you do. But on site clear heads are always needed. Before and during work is always going to be a no no. It's that strange thing that eludes everyone lately, common sense.

When i said with it i mean not under the influence of drink or drugs if some one chooses to have a drink or a joint out of work why does it mean there head is not going to be clear the next day. Plus i dont use anything and only really drink very occasional. But once again people have life's to live and i would not judge somebody for there behaviour away from work.:001_smile:

When i said with it i mean not under the influence of drink or drugs if some one chooses to have a drink or a joint out of work why does it mean there head is not going to be clear the next day. Plus i dont use anything and only really drink very occasional. But once again people have life's to live and i would not judge somebody for there behaviour away from work.:001_smile:

The problem lies with being resposible. Many folks here in the states feel no obligation or responsibilty for themselfs or their employers. Pot or alcohol or all Tobacco products can become gateway drugs for harder substance abuse.

In the end sooner or later the user has to pay the price, and society and the employer could be left holding the bill. Zero tolerance with my firm. I have no time to waste on folks that choose to waste their own time and lives.

After all why do you think it is called DOPE!,:thumbdown:

easy-lift guy

Out of interest, do you think people that use recreational drugs should be allowed to stay in employment in this industry if they are not on the tools? For example, a manager or tree surveyor?

I think car/van driving is potentially a big killer...

The fact that surveyors and tree managers ect or anybody lone working has opportunity to smoke or take drugs without supervision then same rules apply.

Highways are a dangerous place especially when your looking up 90% of the time.

Also the decisions being made could have more potential for harm than a slighlty stoned/hungover team member...