drugs at work!!!!!

simonm

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked with a few who do weed who swear it doesent affect them. The effects were that bad, these people didnt realise the damage it had allready done to their mental health. Everybody had to work around the problems cannabis users have, like paranoia, violent outbursts, dangerous practises. I hate drugs, and more so since I had to work with a couple of "tokers". I had the mispleasure of working with a supervisor who did it, he insisted on driving the JCB, and was useless at that sober, never mind whilst smoking pot at the same time. I do not worry about offending or rubbing cannabis (or any other drug) users / abusers the wrong way, they are all the same. All these pressure groups make out cannabis is better than alcohol, well, they are wrong, at least alcoholics can sober up and be ok, cannabis seems to stick in peoples system and rot their brains. I have refused to work with people because of their drug problems, and was never affraid to explain to bosses as to why I was refusing to work with these people. Everybody should put their foot down to this sort of rubbish.

Complete balls, one of the best climbers I know takes recreational and it doesn't affect him in the slightest (worked with him in the past). As someone has said you can't tar with the same brush.

And to say that alcohol is is "ok" because you can sober up it thats balls too. You're fine again within 2-3hours after smoking marijuana back down to normal where as you can't even drive after 2-3 hours after getting drunk. Can't even drive next morning (unit depending i know)

There are thousands of alcohol related deaths, how many you hear of cannabis or ecstasy??

Do I'm agree with drugs in workplace no, but recreationally ppl can do whatever they wanna do.

Complete balls, one of the best climbers I know takes recreational and it doesn't affect him in the slightest (worked with him in the past). As someone has said you can't tar with the same brush.

And to say that alcohol is is "ok" because you can sober up it thats balls too. You're fine again within 2-3hours after smoking marijuana back down to normal where as you can't even drive after 2-3 hours after getting drunk. Can't even drive next morning (unit depending i know)

There are thousands of alcohol related deaths, how many you hear of cannabis or ecstasy??

Do I'm agree with drugs in workplace no, but recreationally ppl can do whatever they wanna do.

Like I stated, none of them realised the damage it had done to their mental health, and my point being is I have seen alchohlics dry up, never seen a cannabis user give up so easily, and I stand by my statement that it turns fine young men into bloody useless idiots. Far too many of them have short fuses too, had a 40 year old cannabis user (who maintained it was just recreational, but I doubted it by his behaviour) try to get hold of me in work once, just because I said i didnt like green bananas at lunch and he did ffs!!! Lucky I was quicker or it would have been me in hospital or worse. So after some experiences such as those, I dont like cannabis, I dont like working with idiots daft enough to smoke it, and I deffinatley know of people who take it and should be sectioned for the safety of the public.

i work with people who like a toke at night, doesnt seem to affect there work but get the odd mood swing and one sometimes struggles to remember his name.

it does seem to me thou that all the best climbers have done a lot of drugs in the past.

thats why i am not the top climber :D

Like I stated, none of them realised the damage it had done to their mental health, and my point being is I have seen alchohlics dry up, never seen a cannabis user give up so easily, and I stand by my statement that it turns fine young men into bloody useless idiots. Far too many of them have short fuses too, had a 40 year old cannabis user (who maintained it was just recreational, but I doubted it by his behaviour) try to get hold of me in work once, just because I said i didnt like green bananas at lunch and he did ffs!!! Lucky I was quicker or it would have been me in hospital or worse. So after some experiences such as those, I dont like cannabis, I dont like working with idiots daft enough to smoke it, and I deffinatley know of people who take it and should be sectioned for the safety of the public.

I've smoked it in the past although I've given up now, and I'm no idiot thankyou very much :sneaky2:

What attracted you to cannabis in the first place?

Probably the fact that a large proportion of people go through a phase of smoking it and perhaps dabbling in a few other things. And that 90% of users won't go on to become a raging waster, contrary to popular belief.

Maybe you just work with a pack of ***** lol the ppl know aren't like that... I've known them for around 10 years, there's always one **** but sounds like you to a right bunch!

I do love antidrugs rants.. At work no,at play maybe. But to say alcoholics can sober up and be ok is total poppy cock .

And all users are same? So that inc alcohol then? Its a drug. Now im not into getting smashed at work nor others too,but to tar a certain section of sociaty with the same brush is wrong. There are good drugs and bad drugs ,the good are alongside alcohol but all in moderation.

good points i think:thumbup1: