Humans breeding out of control

Dean Lofthouse

Any thing that is open to abuse will be abused, that's human nature.

The welfare system is there for the less fortunate, it's just a shame that some think that because they only have one car, they are less fortunate than others.

I had a very poor up bringing, we didn't have a tele, I used to get bullied at school because we couldn't afford the latest fashionable clothing and had to stand in the free school meal queue. My mother managed to bring us up on her own with the help of handouts from neighbours and friends.

We couldn't afford Hugg boots, plasmas etc etc etc

You got help from the those more fortunate in the economy when you needed it and now you're giving back, and then some I'm sure.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and I salute you, but you didn't choose to live on benefits. You had the luck, the skills set, the mental fortitude and the foresight to get out when you could, which isn't the case for everybody in that situation.

The job I took was cleaning windows, hardly the most difficult job :001_rolleyes:

I think your liberal, excuse making attitude is whats lead us to this current sorry situation.

Its very easy to make excuses for people, but that helps no one. There was a program about an estate not that far from me. A woman on there was asked to go to the Job centre for the second time in two weeks, as she had been out of work for many years, she was very annoyed at having to go her exact words were "don't they know I have better things to do with my time than look for a job!":sneaky2:

As long as there is free money a great many people will think working is a mugs game (maybe there right??)

TBH, I think this situation is going to sort its self out real soon anyway, because the money is going to run out.

Yes, and I salute you, but you didn't choose to live on benefits. You had the luck, the skills set, the mental fortitude and the foresight to get out when you could, which isn't the case for everybody in that situation.

And in a way, that's stupid. Not Huck, but all of us with this mindset. While suffering a debilitating illness, I ended up on the benefits system this year, through financilal necessity, once all my money was gone, and my overdraft. All the rainy day money was gone, the lot. The "system" picked up the tab. On the 29th April this year I told them to stick their benefits, I wanted to return to work (too soon as it happened). The benefits people couldn't believe that I wanted to cease claiming, they tried everything to keep me in the system. They even asked why I didn't want my bills paid for by them? Was I mad? No I was stupid and stubborn, stubborn pride got in e way of logical common sense. Something for nothing? Oh no thank you very much, even though I'm very poorly I want to work for my money. Idiot!!!!I could still be soaking up funds to this day if I'd played the system their way, no hassles, no worries, no taxes to pay, heating and everything else paid for, no stress chasing work and paying bills. Who was I trying to kid? If my lads were still young, they would have been the ones to suffer, no real money coming in to give them what they needed. How selfish of me!!

Would I do the same in the future? Of course I will, it's how were made up, it's how were driven. But it's also very stupid to not take something for nothing.

I was only thinking of your illness Andy the other day. Is it more settled now? Tree work is strenous if your not on top form.

As for the work vs benefits lifestyle, I fortunately had an upbringing that taught me the satisfaction of work before I left school Now if I couldn't work my purpose/self esteem would go and if I couldn't channel myself,I wouldn't end up being a scumbag. But probably very depressed and not a person you would want to be around.

There was a program about an estate not that far from me. A woman on there was asked to go to the Job centre for the second time in two weeks, as she had been out of work for many years, she was very annoyed at having to go her exact words were "don't they know I have better things to do with my time than look for a job!":sneaky2:

Gobby slappers will always make good television; there might be loads more introspective, unsure-how-to-help-themselves honest folk's opinions littering the cutting room floor.

I was only thinking of your illness Andy the other day. Is it more settled now? Tree work is strenous if your not on top form.

Im good thanks, since all the nasty bit was cut out. Recovery is slower than I'd like, but I'm alive. Apparently the anaesthetic and the morphine still courses through my veins, and saps my energy levels. But I'm doing an average three day week, try and take rest days in between. I know I wouldn't be capable of working at my old pace day in day out right now, but that's unimportant. What I d now is make each day worth working, so I can afford the off days. Simple eh? :001_smile:

Back to the original post... I'm less worried about how or why the world is going to end, more worried about everybody surviving it.... We will have to compete against 62,641,000 desperate others, with EXTREMELY reduced food, fuel and clean water resources. Think of the violence, the gangs, the hoarding. Will you trust people? How many people will you trust. Will you be a leader? Can leaders sleep safely at night? Where are you going to go for food. Can you fish/farm/hunt? Where is the nearest clean water. Where do you get a gun? Do you want a gun? Would you stay in your house? What's to say it is still your house any more? Would you kill a man for his resources?

I'm sad to say that I give it a lot of thought on some days. I don't think its being pessamistic. Having a plan, and and maybe a box with some important supplies is being prepared. If it never happens, i have a box full of neat outdoors gear and maybe some cool new skills.

Pro tip : one of the most important resources in a post apocalyptic world is salt. Start hoarding now! :)

Gobby slappers will always make good television; there might be loads more introspective, unsure-how-to-help-themselves honest folk's opinions littering the cutting room floor.

She and all the others spongers are a product of your thinking, you think you are helping people but your not. It's like parent who run round waiting on their children hand and foot, they think their helping them, but in reality they are robbing them of the person they could become, very, very sad.