Heating Oil in a chipper?

roseyweb

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening all

Managed to get a load of heating oil for free, or what I assume is, its not red, can I run this in my chipper (TW150)?

I've tried a google search and most internet people seem to think its the same stuff as diesel but I wondered if any one on here had any experiences

James

x

Managed to get heating oil for free??? Yeah that happens to me all the time :sneaky2:

Having said that about JP8... if that is true our 2010-bought Defender has just suffered a failed turbo after only about 6000 miles running on what we're drawing from the POL point out here in Bastion.

Admittedly the speed limit is 25kmh on camp (with a few sections of road where we're allowed to drive at 40kmh - woo!) which I realise isn't good for a diesel engine, especially a new one...

I asked the question about JP8 to the REME guys who looked at it and they said we were getting 'poor quality diesel' (they didn't say 'poor quality'!) so I'm not sure. The POL point seems to supply everyone on camp.

If it is JP8 it's not done our engine any good. There was a lot more black smoke than you'd have expected prior to the failure.

The older TD5s we've got seem okay.