BGU Processor

Woodworks

Yet more processor questions for you guys.

I had a look at most of the firewood processors at the APF show but there are so many variables. What I want to process is hedgerow trees and maybe later buying in cord wood. Of all the machines I looked at closely I liked the Posch 350 but this is out of our price range the 280 looked well made but quite limiting for the size of wood. On a final round of the show I noticed the BGU KSA 370 being demonstrated and I have to say it looked quite impressive but I did not have time to have a close look at it as we had to hit the road. Have any of you you got close up and personal with one of these machines. I realise that I will have to sharpen probably daily but as we are not looking to do huge amounts of wood this is not a problem. Any comments you could add would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

Perry forestry - BGU Machinery -

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have put 600t through mine in last 18 mths.

had hakki pilke 37 before this.

good machine.

but no reverse on infeed belt

no splitter activation pedal

no gap in splitter trough to allow sawdust to fall through. and now get contaminated sticks and smalls.

nice wide open throat to get oversize and twisty bits in, better than hp37.

spoke to mr perry at apf,uninterested and walked off. i did have a shower with soap the previous evening....????

the only other machines worth considering to handle hardwoods that are being harvested by machine or hand at this time are the sami autochop from fuelwood or the dalen.

all the other manufacturers produce good processors for straight timber only.

i also have a bgu sp20 evolution log splitter for the oversize that enevitably comes on the artics.good machine also,hyd lift table ect. its for sale as i sell the oversize now as dont have the time. its only done 110 hrs work.

sharpening.?

25t or 2or3 days on timber from clay soils or twice daily for timber from sandy areas.

also chain stops when bar upright not cutting and really good chain oil pump.no wasteage.

anything else,give me a ring or pm me or post.

cheers bob.

The Posch 350 with the rack they were demonstrating with was 23K plus vat. The Japa 385 I quite liked, that started at 9.5k for the basic model going up to about 12 for the all hydraulic version, you would need to add a rack to that though.

I had been led to believe here that the Dalen 2054 was about 12K, wrong, thats the 2052, not quite as big and with a 3/8 chain. The 2054 has a harvester bar with a 404 chain. I would imagine that a 404 wide cut in a 400mm log every 250mm will leave a pretty tidy pile of saw dust pretty fast.

Did you notice that all the demos were with pretty even straight timber of pretty small diameter. The Posch 350 was splitting logs in half, cutting about 150mm-200mm diameter timber. Even the Bindenberger 500 was not putting anything much over 300mm through when I was watching and that was the biggest I saw, and there was a bloke beside the feed rack chopping off anything dirty in case it fouled the chain.

There was another one in the forested bit, RGB?, or similar, looked a copy of most other bar machines, stand was Kilworth Machinery or similar.

Think I will look for a tidy used Posch or Palax when the time comes.

A

The Posch 350 with the rack they were demonstrating with was 23K plus vat. The Japa 385 I quite liked, that started at 9.5k for the basic model going up to about 12 for the all hydraulic version, you would need to add a rack to that though.

I had been led to believe here that the Dalen 2054 was about 12K, wrong, thats the 2052, not quite as big and with a 3/8 chain. The 2054 has a harvester bar with a 404 chain. I would imagine that a 404 wide cut in a 400mm log every 250mm will leave a pretty tidy pile of saw dust pretty fast.

Did you notice that all the demos were with pretty even straight timber of pretty small diameter. The Posch 350 was splitting logs in half, cutting about 150mm-200mm diameter timber. Even the Bindenberger 500 was not putting anything much over 300mm through when I was watching and that was the biggest I saw, and there was a bloke beside the feed rack chopping off anything dirty in case it fouled the chain.

There was another one in the forested bit, RGB?, or similar, looked a copy of most other bar machines, stand was Kilworth Machinery or similar.

A

I seem to remember RIKO putting big stuff through the Farmi WP36; all 12" ash...

Palax 35 combi - UNPRODUCTIVE machine; not impressed with my mates'; jamming, logs falling sideways a LOT.

I seem to remember RIKO putting big stuff through the Farmi WP36; all 12" ash...

Palax 35 combi - UNPRODUCTIVE machine; not impressed with my mates'; jamming, logs falling sideways a LOT.

Used a palax 35 recently and didn't find it a great experience - it was OK but not very instinctive to use and also had a good amount falling sideways too. Was nice having a joystick control but didn't like that the ram comes out everytime the saw returns - if they made it so you just flipped the joystick back a bit more to set the ram going, IMO it would be a much faster and easier to use machine.

A

I think you are spot on with all of this. They dont put bigger stuff through as it does not split evenly and high lights half of what you process will need to be fed back in again. We only have 325 chain on ours and we produce 3 cu metres of sawdust a day so I would imagine you could double that with 404 chain. I suppose we need to remember the people demonstrating have may be an hour or twos experience with each machine and they have an ordience. Do you ever find your processor goes like the clappers for hours as soon as someone comes in the yard to watch it all falls apart. :biggrin: