Unimog Hire SW

samarb

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm torn between a u900/u1000 and a 120-130HP 40k tractor but i'm not looking to spend 50k on a rig because i don't have it plain and simple and most of my kit is older and well used but i keep it in order myself. I'd sudder at the thought of putting a mog into vos for a service lol It's just how i've been brought up i suppose. I know i would have the work for one though without having to travel more than 50 miles from home.

that doesn't fill me with confidence, im guessing this is becoming the opposite of the 'unimogs rock thread'!!

Right on :thumbup1: They do NOT rock; even if you're a billionaire, there are better more profitable machines out there. As for the attraction I don't get it. I think folks think they're going to be admired in them like a 17 year old in his first sports car hoping to turn some chicks heads :lol: Arb heart, not head.

If you want to contract out a big pto chipper , then stick it on a tractor and crane with chipper combo.

Much better off rd, and the crane will get you bonus points with potential customers.

Far more versatile if you are working with guys with 3.5 ton vans.

Extend the chute and and you can do rd side chipping aswell into their vehicles over the bonnet.

Pto Chippers with a 120 hp plus driving them saves a lot of snedding.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1361479671.862227.jpg.fd374b9fcde95d9ba682a8733a1ae119.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1361479703.107088.jpg.79ef746246d9a3bde802bf447257693f.jpg

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

everybody thats recomending a tractor seems to forget one thing....it takes a long time to get anywhere at 20mph....and thats all you are alowed to do in a tractor, I dont care if its got a 40k, or a 50k gearbox, plod WILL prosecute you for speeding, and if they want to push it, theres a dozen other offences related to construction and use they can get you on if you exceed 20mph, its not worth it, get the mog, and use it, itll still be worth the money when you come to sell it on, but youll have had the fun of owning and operating it

everybody thats recomending a tractor seems to forget one thing....it takes a long time to get anywhere at 20mph....and thats all you are alowed to do in a tractor, I dont care if its got a 40k, or a 50k gearbox, plod WILL prosecute you for speeding, and if they want to push it, theres a dozen other offences related to construction and use they can get you on if you exceed 20mph, its not worth it, get the mog, and use it, itll still be worth the money when you come to sell it on, but youll have had the fun of owning and operating it

Thought it was 40mph with full mud guards ?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2