More sad news for the brit economy

gensetsteve

I agree with you Gensetsteve. It's a tragedy in many ways and it won't be lost on other Arbtalkers that Pramac have run 2 bikes on the Moto GP circuit for years.

I suppose they'll be missing from the paddock pretty soon leaving the grid pretty empty. I hope Suzuki really are coming back next season.

Sorry for the derail.

I thought about the motogp team as well.

But on a whole it is soul destroying what is happening to this country. I still believe and always will that it should be british jobs for british people, and buy british. We can compete with anyone, when we put our minds to it. I think one of the problems is that people have lost faith with british production.:thumbdown:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what it is it will always be cheaper to import than home produce products in this country.

The gov will look for the cheapest price. We will look for the cheapest price. Same as doing a job for someone, if your too expensive they will go for the cheaper quote.

:confused1: How is it the governments fault??

I guess they could scrap the minimum wage and ban unions, creating a lower wage economy that could better compete with less developed countries.

Unions of got nothing to do with driving wages up . They are only a negotiating committee and in my experience you only got paid what you were worth as in any walk of life .

Totally agree genset . This isn't endemic to britain... Dubarry who claim to keep everything traditionally Irish in their label - RUBBISH , made in Malaysia :thumbdown:

I ordered a new CCM hockey stick , a Canadian icon .. made in China stuck on the side of it . I'm ashamed to hold it :thumbdown:

Its not all doom and gloom though ,my new RC lowering device .. big MADE IN BRITAIN stamp :thumbup1:

:confused1: How is it the governments fault??

I guess they could scrap the minimum wage and ban unions, creating a lower wage economy that could better compete with less developed countries.

To a large extent you have to blame the government who make the policy that controls the bigger picture. 10 years ago the government felt the only thing worth doing in the uk was banking. Finance and logistics are all very good but we are running out of people to buy insurance and products that we are moving about the country. Time we supported more businesses and less benefits. Looking on the bright side its only a matter of time before the chinese demand a better standard of living then prices will rise. The cost of oil is causeing the chinese some pain introduce them to our H&Sculture and that should finish them off. By this time the world will be sick of crap tools that last hours not years and it will be rule britainia again. :thumbup:

Britain were the largest car and motorcycle manufacturers and were caught out by the Japanese just doing it that bit better, they took a look at what the UK needed and got it spot on, we had the Triumph twin, they came out with the Honda 750/4 - Oh, it didn't leak oil, was smooth, fast and....it didn't leak oil - caused quite a stir!

Same with the cars, built small little shopping cars for families, all we could do was incorporate our companies in to the likes of NVT and British Leyland and the Unions did the rest - I remember the news back in the 70s, not nice viewing!

I was 20 years in manufacturing, the trouble is that nowerdays people expect an App on their I Phone to fix everything for them, they have little interest in how things are manufactured or can be repaired - another 20 years and unless there is a shift in World economies, our manufacturing will be finished.

The only hope is China will develop and their product prices will rise - that is starting to happen now and they are becoming more mechanised in their manufacturing - it won't last forever!

Its not just the government but the whole system. Four year terms are too short. Imagine if before 2007 the government had said to avoid a crash we are going to make it harder to get credit, slow imports from China so your 50" LED LCD flat super screen will be twice the price, drop the minimum wage to make us more competative and take the heat out of the housing market so you cant re mortgage your home to release the extra equity it has suposedly magicaly gained and buy an Audi A4 with built in sat nav and go to the Maldives. They would not have even lasted the 4 year term.

The only hope is China will develop and their product prices will rise - that is starting to happen now and they are becoming more mechanised in their manufacturing - it won't last forever!

Their product prices may rise but I bet the quality of their products will also rise.

That interview with Sir James Goldsmith is very interesting - nice to see someone take it back to basics and talk straight.

:biggrin:

Their product prices may rise but I bet the quality of their products will also rise.

That interview with Sir James Goldsmith is very interesting - nice to see someone take it back to basics and talk straight.

:biggrin:

Maybe not quite as severe as 'ban unions' but certainly along the above lines....

:001_smile: