9/11

Rich2484

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't remember where I was or what I was doing, yet I remember the event as clearly as if it were yesterday, strange. I remember the Libyan crisis in the 80s clearly, I was working on Lakenheath and Mildenhall air bases, and the security suddenly went from yellow to Black alerts. Where two days before we waltzed in and out without showing passes, they suddenly wanted everything in order, at gunpoint.

I came home from work when I heard what was happening. I just wanted to be with my family for 'the END'

No amount of provocation warrants what happened that day.

The apparent arrogance of George W Bush in snubbing the Kyoto treaty and continuing to allow the US to pollute as it wanted, and invade whichever oil-producing country was under threat was a slap in the face to all caring countries. The perpetrators of 9/11 were NEVER going to be allowed to make any gain from their actions.

They don't even need to show the images of the attacks to invoke a feeling of horror and heartfelt symathy for the victims and their families.

It is tragic that so many soldiers (and innocent civilians) have died or been mamed since.

No doubt others will have different slants on it but maybe some time in all eternity we will all end up with our just deserts.

So it's another anniversary.

So looking back at when it all I happened I was in a lecture about engine diagnosis, don't remember much about the lecture as everyone was running to watch a tv.

So was it all worth it? Did going to war achieve anything?

I was at my desk in my office job. A client told me on the phone that a plane had hit the towers - i presumed he meant a light aircraft!

I agree that war is rarely worth it but do you really think that Bin laden would have sat back and said "right, we've given the big USA a blooded nose, we'll call it a day now". I don't think so.