Under payed?

nz paul

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:congrats:

A highly skilled profession is that of a neurologist, a nuclear physicist or an astronaut, not a tree surgeon. It's a semi skilled trade, not even in the same league as a gas fitter, or an electrician. The average tree surgeon will climb more small trees than large, and will only occasionally be in a dangerous situation, and most of those are avoidable with the correct procedures and equipment. A dangerous profession is an Explosive Ordinance Officer, we are not in that league.

£9 per hr, on the books with all the benefits and security that offfers, well it's money for old rope. What financial risk do you have? None. What if the client hasn't paid, you still get it. What if the work goes slack? Your boss will usually find you something to do so you get a wage still, even if it means he goes without. Vehicle problems? Not your worry.

Of course we are always worth more than we get, of course we are never content with our lot, it's human nature.

If you don't like it, try and do it for yourself, most end up quitting and going back to employment, or quitting the trade altogether, the world is full of "I used to be a tree surgeon" types.

well said that man,,,,:thumbup::congrats:

Doing it already mate,I never said i was eaning £9 hour i just dont agree with the going rate,can just get by on that,not get ahead,kept at the bread line!

well your lucky i know of three men all recently made redundant, both skilled workers, one a skilled builder, one a skilled welder, one a skilled car mechanic, one has gone for agency work for minimum wage of £6.10 doing permanent nights , one is doing agency driving for £7 per hour and one is doing odd jobs as self employed for £60 a day

we would all love to pay more for our workers, but you aint on the breadline at £9 you are at minimum wage tho. unfortunatley until the recession lifts their will be more skilled people out their than jobs, and unfortunately employers wont pay what you want or need to cover your overheads they will pay what the market dictates

joy

A highly skilled profession is that of a neurologist, a nuclear physicist or an astronaut, not a tree surgeon. It's a semi skilled trade, not even in the same league as a gas fitter, or an electrician. The average tree surgeon will climb more small trees than large, and will only occasionally be in a dangerous situation, and most of those are avoidable with the correct procedures and equipment. A dangerous profession is an Explosive Ordinance Officer, we are not in that league.

£9 per hr, on the books with all the benefits and security that offfers, well it's money for old rope. What financial risk do you have? None. What if the client hasn't paid, you still get it. What if the work goes slack? Your boss will usually find you something to do so you get a wage still, even if it means he goes without. Vehicle problems? Not your worry.

Of course we are always worth more than we get, of course we are never content with our lot, it's human nature.

If you don't like it, try and do it for yourself, most end up quitting and going back to employment, or quitting the trade altogether, the world is full of "I used to be a tree surgeon" types.

Absolutely spot on.:thumbup:

Funny all the business owners defending paying **** money!

yes well we will, when at times ive paid my men and only got £9 in my own purse to buy a weeks groceries - this has happened many times and still does when people dont pay on time

and that isnt a lie - get real its not only hard for employees but ffing tuff for us as employers and i will get mad defending our stand because you make us all look like idols in ivory towers surrounded by minions working their blocks off - get real we ALL have to work b.dy hard and my husband is still out carting timber NOW and wont be back til gone midnight - who pays his overtime ?? why does he do it, cause their isnt enough hours in the day to fit the repairs in and fetch the timber , thats why.. and no we dont take big wages , we sometimes dont get any money out the business at all - and youll find that across the board

just try and see it from others points of view, try and understand what its like to keep your head above water, keep your men in work cause you dont want to let them go as their friends and want to try and find enough work for everyone

just try, thats all im asking

joy